How much do you spend on your family cell phone bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much does your family spend on the cell phone bill?

• We don't have a cell phone

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • We don't pay for our phones (company/parents provide)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Around $100

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Around $200

Votes: 57 62.6%
  • Around $300

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Around $400

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • More than $500

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
$33 per month for two phones, share 100 minutes, text msgs 0.10 per text (we dont text), no data THESE ARE PHONES. didnt vote in the poll because choices were not appropriate for our plan.

Me too, $72/ month, 700 minutes per month, for 2, of which my wife and I only use maybe 200. It's a phone and it's all I want.

Nobody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About $167 for two iphones, 750 minute plan, two 3gb data plans and unlimited text after my wife's goverment employee discount. My company covers $150 of it.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need a "less than 100.00" slot, my wife and I both have phones with net 10 and their 200 min. a month for 16 dollars and change, of course we use them like reasonable people should and hardly ever go over the 200 min. right now she has over 2000 min. on hers and I have 1200 on mine, my phone can take pictures which I hardly ever do, I can get on the internet which I never have etc. etc. I'm happy and so is my wife. Whats funny is that my son and daughter has some high priced service and my phone usually has a signal in places that theirs don't

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a radio, camera, gps, starfinder, map, email checker, calculator, flashlight, reminder, weather radar, clock, video player, stock market checker, and a restaurant finder. I very rarely use it as a phone, but it does that too. I pay $200/month for 3 of them.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my wife I paid $90 for a touch screen phone (minimal web browsing, a "feature" phone they call it) with 1450 minutes & 14 months of service. Tracfone + coupon codes you can find online.

Bought another one for my kids, they are getting old enough to need one occasionally. Everybody is thrifty with their minutes, so the minutes have actually been racking up over the years.

That works out to about $12.86 a month for two phones. That would barely cover the fees and taxes on a "real" phone.

Work pays for my iphone. I like it, but I would not buy one for myself. I probably would pay for a cheap, prepaid wireless internet device (MiFi) if I had to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom