How to Find Divorce Records for OK COUNTY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife is trying to help a friend out; does anyone know how to find a record for a divorce that occurred in OK County back in 1982? I suppose we could just tell her to go to the County Clerk's Office on Tuesday, since Monday is MLK Day, but if there is a way to pull it up online, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She'll need to go to the Court Clerk's office. Oklahoma County's county records are all online but not the court records as far as I know. Court clerk is where it'll be unless it involved a lot of land and the attorney went down and filed it in the county clerk's office too. That's doubtful as it's not really necessary for legality but is sometimes done.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all counties have updated their old info to OSCN. Rogers County doesn’t show my parents divorce from the 90s or any of my speeding tickets from the 80s. Other counties have records online going back to the 1920s.

One thing I find extremely unsettling is they’ve done a terrible job of redacting information on minors caught up in their parents family court BS. Names are widely searchable. Not okay!

Latest posts

Top Bottom