I am looking for some land NE of Tulsa to shoot on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to buy anything, I just moved over here from Ponca City and I just want somewhere to go plink around. I am not much into going to "The Range" but more of just shooting turtles/snakes/cans/dirt/etc... Maybe a bit of fishing if there is a pond.

I just want something thats closer than the hour and a half I have to drive now.

If anybody has any ideas, lets hear them...

Thanks

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can head up to ollagha lake. make sure yuo have a hunting license. they do have an open range no fee's just what ever your shooting make sure its in season

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats better than my alternative, but still 30-45 min from my house. I work right by the drag strip (east of the airport off of 169) and would love to find someone that owns land around here that wouldnt mind me there...

I will keep that in mind though, Thanks.

I do have a lifetime hunting/fishing license FYI

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go knock on a few doors SRT. That always worked for me. Folks are still pretty friendly once you're face to face. You might offer to help with something like walking fence lines looking for repairs, etc. Why kill turtles and snakes though? Unless you're going to eat them? They're part of nature's garbage bin.

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go knock on a few doors SRT. That always worked for me. Folks are still pretty friendly once you're face to face. You might offer to help with something like walking fence lines looking for repairs, etc. Why kill turtles and snakes though? Unless you're going to eat them? They're part of nature's garbage bin.

Because snakes are evil!! Dont you remember the serpent in the Bible?
J/king

PFXD 45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you ever want to go to a nice clean range let me know. I could always use another shooting partner to go with. The range is nice peaceful. Has lots of different shooting competitions. Old military bolt action is one of my favorites. Skeet traps, steel targets out at 250 yards. And I on occasion like to set up grapefruit and watermelon and make them go bye bye. Ohh and of course right before I leave and have some one with me I make a friendly wager. The one that shoots the best gets lunch bought....

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Near the airport two places come to mind immediately. Tulsa Gun Club and USSA. Both offering VERY different things to their members.

Aside from that, I dont know anyone with private land near there but GL to ya.

advmotoxc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you ever want to go to a nice clean range let me know. I could always use another shooting partner to go with. The range is nice peaceful. Has lots of different shooting competitions. Old military bolt action is one of my favorites. Skeet traps, steel targets out at 250 yards. And I on occasion like to set up grapefruit and watermelon and make them go bye bye. Ohh and of course right before I leave and have some one with me I make a friendly wager. The one that shoots the best gets lunch bought....

I amy have to take you up on that some day... where are you located in Tulsa?

Latest posts

Top Bottom