1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

I got the chineses virus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saddlebum, Nov 7, 2020.

1. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  2. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

Hope you get well soon. I think some of that may be related to Chinese Plague, but I think some of that is pretty normal recovery from some hospitalization occurrences. I know I had to work really hard to get my energy and lung capacity back after a heart attack being in the hospital for a quadruple bypass. I had a little gizmo that they had me use about 6 times a day if I can remember that you sucked in as hard as you can several times to try to re-expand your lungs that closed up during the surgery. And I had to get up and walk for 15 minutes at a time about 6 times every day. I just had a path through the house that I walked over and over. Definitely got me out of breath in the beginning.

So, keep working at it, keep your spirits up and I bet you can overcome all of this and get back to normal. I don't know how exactly this disease compares to bypass surgery, but I would say that in 6 months time I was about 60% to 70% and it probably was a full year to get back to 90%. I'm not sure I ever got better than 90% because there are sill things I can not do that I used to do without getting tired.

But look at the bright side. I have to worry about getting chinese plague and you probably don't !

Hang in there, and good luck !

3. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Glad you are getting through it. I’ve read in one or two places about blood type also playing a role in severity. Do mind sharing your blood type; if not publicly then by PM?

4. saddlebum

saddlebum Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    not much activity sets off a chain of coughing that I pass out from. it's been a nightmare . I hope you fully recover I'll be praying for you and all that have suffered this terrible virus

bigred1 and druryj like this.
  5. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

I know I did not have any heart problems before all this crap, now I am on heart meds and my blood pressure rarely goes back to the 127/70 it use to run. Breathing is getting better but I still need O2 all the time. Main problem is one lung is only 50% and I am not expelling the carbon dioxide or whatever like I am suppose to.

I the bright side I can almost burp on demand. :P

TwoForFlinching likes this.
  6. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sad thing is I know people that still say the virus is not real.

El Pablo and ocphy like this.
  7. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

Well, sometimes you just can't fix stupid now can you ?

druryj, El Pablo and RickN like this.
  8. cowzrul

cowzrul Distinguished 1998

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I thought so too. Unfortunately the anti-bodies only last 90ish days and you can get it again. They say the second time is worse than the first.

A Negative. My wife didn't get sick and she is O Positive. One of the nurses in the ICU told me they had ZERO O positive patients.

I hope they sent you home with Combivent inhaler. If not, as your primary care provider for one.

9. HJB

HJB Sharpshooter

That is the first time I have heard that. Who told you that ? Do you have that tested on a regular basis or what ?

10. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Thank you. That follows what I have been reading. Again, hang in there.