I Went Thru A Horrible Experience Today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like All Free and clear. The smelly good liquids like gain and others have oils that stay on the materials that give them the scents they have.

Those oils make towels and wash cloths not soak up water very well.

Ever take a dry towel and drag it across some water on the counter.
I want it to soak up right now not after I wipe it 3 or more times.
If one uses the correct amount of soap, the laundy will rinse clean. At least, modern detergents are formulated that way. Most people use far, far too much soap.

As for the towel not soaking up water, that's a different problem.

Most people use fabric softener. Almost all fabric softener has silicone in it (look at the ingredients). The silicone adds to that soft feeling.

Silicone and water don't mix.

When towels get laundered in this house, they get no fabric softener. Out of the washer (extra rinse cycle) and onto the line out back. Once dry, they go in the dryer with no heat. Just tumble for 20-30 minutes to soften them.

The towels here absorb water, and are soft also.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Her response is?

Well that's a difficult question to answer. Mostly because I talk big on the internet but in real life I'm afraid of her and would never say anything like that out loud.

Or were you asking hypothetically what her response might be if I actually acted the way I pretend to act online?

It makes a diference.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I never want to have to go thru again.

My wife's been out of town since Thursday. I had to do my own laundry today. It was horrible, I tell you... I'm still shaken.
I take up nudism while my wife is gone. its dual purpose, gives her easier access when she returns. (Still waiting for her to return….)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I never could understand why men aren't supposed to know how or be able to do domestic chores like laundry and washing dishes or cooking.
Wife tends to overload the washer and drier, hard on the machinery and the clothes don't get as clean.
My wife is a damn good cook when she wants to and puts her mind to it but she tends to view cooking as a odious chore to be dealt with as quickly and with as little effort as possible. I'm the better cook if it comes down to it and she will readily acknowledge that. I'm also damned handy with a sewing machine though I tend to favor industrial machines and work with heavy goods like canvas, Cordura, sail cloth and leather.

Still comes down to what every person should be able to do-
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do my laundry most of the time, she does hers most of the time.

I'm usually the cook. I'm also usually the one that sacrificed the animal we're eating. She can cook well, and I expect she'll do more of it when her schedule changes in a few weeks.

We've always had "off" shifts, which means we both changed diapers, went to school meetings, cleaned house, did laundry, fed kids, etc...it's as "equal" a relationship as you'll ever find, I reckon.

I vowed long ago not to be as helpless as my dad is. I love him tremendously, but he'd wither away if it wasn't for Mom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom