If You Are PLanning To Fill The Gas Tank....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh my... more government regulation of another private industry, dictating what it can and can't do.

(I know, not that they don't anyways, I'm jus'sayin')

ouch.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it seems there's no consensus yet. I'm still standing by my assertion that while oil prices are low, and hurting some, it's benefitting others. What exactly should the price of a barrel of oil cost? Perhaps we can tie it to a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage bill, and will all be wearing gold plated underwear.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it seems there's no consensus yet. I'm still standing by my assertion that while oil prices are low, and hurting some, it's benefitting others. What exactly should the price of a barrel of oil cost? Perhaps we can tie it to a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage bill, and will all be wearing gold plated underwear.
When oil was $120 and gas was $4 it was hurting the economy because consumers were left without enough disposable income to consume items from the rest of the economic system.
Now $30 oil and $1.50 gas is hurting the economy we're told.
I guess it depends on which side of the pump you are on.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my prediction: a new "event" in the Middle East will require U.S. involvement, possible airstrikes, protect freedom, mom and apple pie. Oil prices skyrocket, rich get richer, young Americans die for "freedom", oil hands go back to work.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People saving $50-$300 a month has far less impact on the economy than several tens of thousands of employees without work. Are you people really that fecking dense that you cannot understand simple economics?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No just be aware that the price of energy affects EVERYTHING you touch during any given day. If the price is this low, you know the economy isn't doing well at all, I don't care what they tell you on CNBC. It could be argued that its a better indicator of the world's economy than the stock indices.

Was the boom of the 90s built on high energy prices or low energy prices?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When oil was $120 and gas was $4 it was hurting the economy because consumers were left without enough disposable income to consume items from the rest of the economic system.
Now $30 oil and $1.50 gas is hurting the economy we're told.
I guess it depends on which side of the pump you are on.

I'm not good with math but it looks like we are getting screwed by $.50 right now according to those numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom