If you couldn't live here where would you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have included Alaska also, wouldn't mind living there at all. Although almost anywhere that I could live in the country and have a couple horses and be able to hunt and fish for the family. I could handle that, maybe get married and live happily ever after. Hubby would never have to worry about catching hell for buying a new gun or wanting to go hunting or fishing because I'm the same way. Although, I would want my own guns too so it might get expensive LOL.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know why there would ever be a reason I "couldn't" live in Oklahoma, but I sure wouldn't mind being somewhere that the summers are much cooler.

I used to think Colorado would be nice, but not so much anymore.

I always liked the idea of living in Alaska, but the older I get, I don't know if I could handle the long cold winter there.

If I had a nice warm cabin and didn't have to get out except when I wanted to, I think it would be great.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
San Diego Ca. I lived there for about 13yrs and my son lives there with his mother. Nice spring and early summer all year round. :sunbath: Flagstaff AZ is a nice choice as well

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If enough okies moved to certain states (like Colorado) they might be able to bring them back from the edge.

I love the idea of Alaska, but not sure I could hack it. Maybe if I were to start off somewhere near Anchorage... I'd have to check out veteran benefits, but we'd probably go somewhere we have family/friends like Texas, Florida, or Tennessee. I'd lean towards Tennessee.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if I didn't live in CA and then couldn't live int OK I, during my working career, would like to live in or near Bozeman or Helena, MT. Once retired it would be somewhere in SW Montana. I have fallen in love with the small town of Ennis, MT. Beautiful small town with a lot of recreational opportunity.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Within the US, I'd pick Alaska first. I absolutely hate the cold, but it's a small price to pay to live in Alaska. Montana would be nice, as would the other honorable mentions: Wyoming, Idaho, Florida, Maine.

Within the Americas, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. My friend lives there. It's like White America, Mexico. Lots of retirees from the US and Canada have moved there. It's a low-crime city with beautiful weather.

Outside of the US, New Zealand. It looks gorgeous there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If enough okies moved to certain states (like Colorado) they might be able to bring them back from the edge.

I love the idea of Alaska, but not sure I could hack it. Maybe if I were to start off somewhere near Anchorage... I'd have to check out veteran benefits, but we'd probably go somewhere we have family/friends like Texas, Florida, or Tennessee. I'd lean towards Tennessee.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Retiring the end of June and moving to the Colorado Springs area by mid-July. I guess I'd be the "scout" for the influx of Okies to Colorado.

Since we live in an RV, we aren't sure how long we will "stick" with Colorado as we also want to do some traveling around the U.S.A. So, I guess you could say that our "preference" would be where we chose to go at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom