Inhofe and Coburn support SOPA & PIPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What would be better is for Google, Wiki, etc. to de-link the websites of the bill's supporters and authors. Search engine listing is a privilege, not a right. Let them see what censorship begets!

I expect Inhofe to support this crap, but I expect better from Coburn. :(

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be better is for Google, Wiki, etc. to de-link the websites of the bill's supporters and authors. Search engine listing is a privilege, not a right. Let them see what censorship begets!

I expect Inhofe to support this crap, but I expect better from Coburn. :(

NDAA, too. Inhofe voted for it outright; I believe Coburn voted against it for budget reasons or something? Inhofe is a scumbag, plain and simple.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, I've learned to expect very little from any politician. But they know what's best for me, right?

Every one of them, on every issue.

I've never understood why everyone is such a Coburn-lover in this state... the one time I saw him live, he sure as hail didn't impress me, and he was talking about Obamacare.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this to pop up here.

For those who are unfamiliar with this bill, wikipedia and others have a temporary blackout today in protest. Reddit, one of the bigger sites for people who like to waste time, has a full description, with links to the bills themselves and how they work, up during the blackout.

sopae.jpg

This is not something we want to happen. I've already called house members and senators about SOPA and PIPA.

As someone stated earlier, with the right tools and knowledge of the internet, yes you can work around the bill. But for Joe Blow, it's going to be near impossible, and unless you know how to do it on your own, I wouldn't expect to be able to find it on the internet post SOPA/PIPA as it'll be shut down.

IIRC SOPA has been "shelved" indefinitely until it can be rewritten, as of a few days ago? But PIPA is still alive and running and needs to be stopped.

Also, for anyone who didn't know what reddit was, and now does and revisits the site when it's back up...I'm sorry for destroying your life :D

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on both points.

What exactly are the arguements FOR doing this anyway?? Do they have ANY points which are valid or need to be considered in some other light? I just can't even begin to understand and I WILL be calling some Congressional offices tomorrow.

It's not that their points are not valid. I'd want to protect my copyright claim too, I see nothing wrong with that. It's that the way the bill is structured, and the nature of the internet, there would be too much collateral damage. The internet isn't build in a way in which you can do something this drastic, and expect it to be fine.

Anyway, hit up reddit or google and search SOPA/PIPA and get affiliated with the bills.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's so bad about sopa? Do we really need individuals to be able to freely express themselves and pass on information that the mass media isn't covering? This doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOPA says that you can't post SOMEONE ELSE's copyright protected media. It is extreme, yes, but please learn what it says before going on the "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED!!!1!!" binge...and yes, I'm against SOPA and PIPA...

Latest posts

Top Bottom