Inhofe and Coburn support SOPA & PIPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Dr. Coburn's office to voice my dissent. They said he was against the PIPA bill.

High call volume for Sen. Inhofe's office. If we still can't get through at almost 3 p.m. that tells me his staff just don't want to answer any more calls.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done some foolish things in my past. Voting for any politician was one of them. I no longer participate in that venue. Each of us can change things today by voting with our purchases and by not involving ourselves in the evil known as government. As I refuse to associate with things that are evil, I refuse to give sanction to liars and statist whose only intent in life is to strip all of us of freedom. I will not sanction evil by participating in a corrupt system.

Anywayz, my apologies if I came across abrasive. Never was my intent. :)

Thank you and I do appreciate that and I do also appreciate your position. I can understand, and in many ways agree with the idea of not giving creedence to something on principle. I believe just as USSA says though that you should "win the fight" and IMHO, voting is one aspect of that war. It's certainly not the end all to be all, but it's one more tool in my arsenal.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called Dr. Coburn's office to voice my dissent. They said he was against the PIPA bill.

High call volume for Sen. Inhofe's office. If we still can't get through at almost 3 p.m. that tells me his staff just don't want to answer any more calls.

I think this is the most likely case...

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got this from Inhofe:

Senator Jim Inhofe
I appreciate everyone who has posted or called my office to register their opposition to SOPA and PIPA. I am opposed to this legislation and will be releasing the following statement:

“While I believe that the intellectual property rights of American companies deserve substantial protection under the law, S. 968, the PROTECT IP Act, is not the answer to the problem of online counterfeiting and piracy. I share the concerns of America’s technology companies, industry leaders, and the many citizens who have voiced their concerns to my office. It is clear to me that this bill will inflict too heavy a burden on third-party non-infringing entities and could do serious harm to one of the last vestiges that is relatively free from government regulation, the Internet. When addressing intellectual property rights, Congress must be careful to also protect the freedom of speech and flow of information that the Internet provides. Additionally, I have concerns with creating yet another private right of action, which will be used by plaintiffs to stifle Internet innovation, and with requirements in the bill that could negatively impact the Internet’s reliability and performance.”

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done some foolish things in my past. Voting for any politician was one of them. I no longer participate in that venue. Each of us can change things today by voting with our purchases and by not involving ourselves in the evil known as government. As I refuse to associate with things that are evil, I refuse to give sanction to liars and statist whose only intent in life is to strip all of us of freedom. I will not sanction evil by participating in a corrupt system.

Anywayz, my apologies if I came across abrasive. Never was my intent. :)

If you buy groceries, household products, gas for your car, entertainment of any type, etc., you voted in an election with your money. You just didn't get to decide who you voted for. You let someone else do that for you. :)

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you buy groceries, household products, gas for your car, entertainment of any type, etc., you voted in an election with your money. You just didn't get to decide who you voted for. You let someone else do that for you. :)

Hey. I can't afford groceries, gas, a car... .gov keeps stealing from my paycheck to give to those in the entitlement sector of society who keep voting for more goodies. :(

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got this from Inhofe:

Senator Jim Inhofe
I appreciate everyone who has posted or called my office to register their opposition to SOPA and PIPA. I am opposed to this legislation and will be releasing the following statement:

“While I believe that the intellectual property rights of American companies deserve substantial protection under the law, S. 968, the PROTECT IP Act, is not the answer to the problem of online counterfeiting and piracy. I share the concerns of America’s technology companies, industry leaders, and the many citizens who have voiced their concerns to my office. It is clear to me that this bill will inflict too heavy a burden on third-party non-infringing entities and could do serious harm to one of the last vestiges that is relatively free from government regulation, the Internet. When addressing intellectual property rights, Congress must be careful to also protect the freedom of speech and flow of information that the Internet provides. Additionally, I have concerns with creating yet another private right of action, which will be used by plaintiffs to stifle Internet innovation, and with requirements in the bill that could negatively impact the Internet’s reliability and performance.”

Thanks for posting!

Wow... I guess the squeaky wheel get's 'a greasin'.

Now we will see if he holds to this word now and in the future.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey. I can't afford groceries, gas, a car... .gov keeps stealing from my paycheck to give to those in the entitlement sector of society who keep voting for more goodies. :(

I feel your pain there! If our revolutionary ancestors were taxed at anywhere even close to our current rates both individual, business and hidden, they'd do more than toss some tea in the harbor...

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel your pain there! If our revolutionary ancestors were taxed at anywhere even close to our current rates both individual, business and hidden, they'd do more than toss some tea in the harbor...

See... we're not all that much at odds now are we? I'm just a bit more radical than most on this forum. Blame it on my background. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom