Inhofe and Coburn support SOPA & PIPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched an interview of Congressman Darrell Issa by Megyn Kelly on Fox regarding his opposition to SOPA. She was short with him, combative and cut him off quite a bit. Hmm, isn't her boss Rupert Murdoch, who is one of the biggest SOPA supporters? Fair and Balanced? None of them are, regardless of slant. :(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or get off your ass and run.

Become the monkey wrench in the machine.

Nothing like throwing away everything along with millions from contributors just to end up humiliated and a loser to boot.

See Ron Paul.

I have too much self-respect to attempt to be a politician. And I hate myself. That's pretty pathetic.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If time is wasted going down to a polling station and checking a box with the belief that government (in all it's evil variants) will bring about meaningful, good change... then yes.

I vote with my wallet and by not voting for liars and statists that creep around the halls of government buildings. Chase the carrot .gov stole from you...

That's an interesting statement dutch. I guess all of those civil rights activists and womens suffrage proponants were pretty stupid to just waste their time on something so meaningless as the right to vote. Fools they be.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's an interesting statement dutch. I guess all of those civil rights activists and womens suffrage proponants were pretty stupid to just waste their time on something so meaningless as the right to vote. Fools they be.

My time is more valuable. What others do is their business. If you believe voting at some polling station where someone trustworthy counts them then by all means go participate. I prefer to take a different approach. I won't give sanction to statism and encourage others not to engage in a corrupt system that does nothing to advance the freedom of the individual. The more fools vote, the bigger government becomes. Doing nothing is doing something.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My time is more valuable. What others do is their business. If you believe voting at some polling station where someone trustworthy counts them then by all means go participate. I prefer to take a different approach. I won't give sanction to statism and encourage others not to engage in a corrupt system that does nothing to advance the freedom of the individual. The more fools vote, the bigger government becomes. Doing nothing is doing something.

I don't have any issue with you not voting, that's your decision and certainly your opinion as to why you shouldn't. You don't have to encourage others to vote to make your choice. You can even continue to provide your opinion along with whatever evidence you have against it with no quams from me. I can decide if I want to debate the issue or not.

I'm just against you calling those who do vote "fools" (twice).

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't have any issue with you not voting, that's your decision and certainly your opinion as to why you shouldn't. You don't have to encourage others to vote to make your choice. You can even continue to provide your opinion along with whatever evidence you have against it with no quams from me. I can decide if I want to debate the issue or not.

I'm just against you calling those who do vote "fools" (twice).

It's my opinion. Voting over and over with the expectation of a different result is foolishness. Government isn't shrinking. We're less free today than yesterday. Each person that votes isn't voting for themselves, but for giving power to the politicians who endeavor to diminish our individual freedom. If you're incapable of realizing this... then go vote. Make a difference for what it's worth (which is nothing).

If you vote you're a fool. If you truly want to make a difference, ignore the bastards in .gov. That's exactly what they don't want because then they'll be on guard.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my opinion. Voting over and over with the expectation of a different result is foolishness. Government isn't shrinking. We're less free today than yesterday. Each person that votes isn't voting for themselves, but for giving power to the politicians who endeavor to diminish our individual freedom. If you're incapable of realizing this... then go vote. Make a difference for what it's worth (which is nothing).

If you vote you're a fool. If you truly want to make a difference, ignore the bastards in .gov. That's exactly what they don't want because then they'll be on guard.

Once again YOUR opinion. Calling those who differ with YOUR opinion "fools" or "incapable of understanding" doesn't make you right. It does however make you abrasive and one could argue "incapable" of getting your point across without name calling or outragous language.

If I were to follow your logic, then I should go out and kill 20 deer this afternoon because what I do as an individual doesn't matter.

What exactly should someone do to effect change then dutch? Enlighten us incapable fools please.

EDIT: I'm done discussing this in this thread anyway. This is supposed to be about SOPA and PITA and how to keep them from passing. NOT voting doesn't help that situation at all. I've made my point and I just wasn't going to sit back and let you call me and others "fools" for voting and be unchallenged over it.

With respect to SOPA and PITA, I think it's important to not only attempt to effect change by calling our elected officials and making a stand in any way possible, but also by voting and letting them know that you will vote and actively campaign against them if they won't represent you and your ideals. THAT my friend is how to effect change. NOT sitting on your thumb and complaining about a government that you had absolutely no part in either electing nor holding accountable.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Once again YOUR opinion. Calling those who differ with YOUR opinion "fools" or "incapable of understanding" doesn't make you right. It does however make you abrasive and one could argue "incapable" of getting your point across without name calling or outragous language.

If I were to follow your logic, then I should go out and kill 20 deer this afternoon because what I do as an individual doesn't matter.

What exactly should someone do to effect change then dutch? Enlighten us incapable fools please.

EDIT: I'm done discussing this in this thread anyway. This is supposed to be about SOPA and PITA and how to keep them from passing. NOT voting doesn't help that situation at all. I've made my point and I just wasn't going to sit back and let you call me and others "fools" for voting and be unchallenged over it.

With respect to SOPA and PITA, I think it's important to not only attempt to effect change by calling our elected officials and making a stand in any way possible, but also by voting and letting them know that you will vote and actively campaign against them if they won't represent you and your ideals. THAT my friend is how to effect change. NOT sitting on your thumb and complaining about a government that you had absolutely no part in either electing nor holding accountable.

I've done some foolish things in my past. Voting for any politician was one of them. I no longer participate in that venue. Each of us can change things today by voting with our purchases and by not involving ourselves in the evil known as government. As I refuse to associate with things that are evil, I refuse to give sanction to liars and statist whose only intent in life is to strip all of us of freedom. I will not sanction evil by participating in a corrupt system.

Anywayz, my apologies if I came across abrasive. Never was my intent. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom