Interesting Conversation with Customer Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Frequently, I suggest this site to customers who are seeking information. Today one responded "I just visited that forum this morning and I really don't think that I need more assholes in my life". When I asked what he meant, this is the thread he referenced. It's always nice to see forum members talking down to and belittling others in tech forums.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know it's a shame they don't want to join as there are a ton of really good people on here. To the flip side of that coin we are all consenting adults, if I read something I don't like I hit next of if some one doesn't like my opinion it their choice what they do with it. This is just the Internet if people are that sensitive it's probably best they avoid it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frequently, I suggest this site to customers who are seeking information. Today one responded "I just visited that forum this morning and I really don't think that I need more assholes in my life". When I asked what he meant, this is the thread he referenced. It's always nice to see forum members talking down to and belittling others in tech forums.
I get this a lot too when mentioning this forum.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the man's opinion but personally found nothing butt hurt worthy in that thread, save maybe one post.

I think some people say that as an excuse for a number of reasons. All these gun forums have their own unique and vibe feeling. For example, I don't care for and won't venture over to art.com because I feel like most of those guys are one-uppers and jerks. So, I kind of understand his discussion, but I'm biased for this forum so therefore my judgment is clouded.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw nothing worth mentioning in that thread. Maybe they should stay out of the political section.

By the way, what are you wanting to accomplish with this thread? Are you wanting to change behavior of this forum, want people to leave and find a different forum,point out people are rude and uncouth, seems you have some kind of agenda.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've only had two personal jabs at me in my years here, one direct, the other indirect because they paint large groups of people with a broad brush. The irony of this thread...lol.

Thanks for pointing this out dad.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, if he was offended by that thread, we don't need him around anyway. Got enough crybabies as it is...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I think those people want is an index-able site (not this one) where they can go and find answers to questions on repairs,alterations and purchasing.
Much like the ones for appliance repairs or auto troubleshooting.
No stuck-up opinions (Barfcom),no politics, no B.S. just clean, clear answers.
Just a place to answer questions and places to refer people to.
It would be a money maker possibly, as you could attract national advertisers like Brownells and other parts suppliers.

A perfect opportunity for some out of work go-getter to start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom