Interesting Conversation with Customer Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I think those people want is an index-able site (not this one) where they can go and find answers to questions on repairs,alterations and purchasing.
Much like the ones for appliance repairs or auto troubleshooting.
No stuck-up opinions (Barfcom),no politics, no B.S. just clean, clear answers.
Just a place to answer questions and places to refer people to.
It would be a money maker possibly, as you could attract national advertisers like Brownells and other parts suppliers.

A perfect opportunity for some out of work go-getter to start up.

That would be a for profit knowledge site, which most hobbyists will not pay for. Sounds like what they want is a free gun wiki, with no hassle of sorting through conflicting info. The problem with that is when something wrong (or could be improved upon) is posted and there's no dissent. This site has a wealth of info, but you have to weigh it's credibility and value. Besides, we're here for more than just info.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I find more disturbing is a moderator from another shooting site comes on here and calls us assholes and complains about the site, under the guise of a "customer" saying this about some lame linked thread. Not cool dude!

Frequently, I suggest this site to customers who are seeking information. Today one responded "I just visited that forum this morning and I really don't think that I need more assholes in my life". When I asked what he meant, this is the thread he referenced. It's always nice to see forum members talking down to and belittling others in tech forums.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be a for profit knowledge site, which most hobbyists will not pay for. Sounds like what they want is a free gun wiki, with no hassle of sorting through conflicting info. The problem with that is when something wrong (or could be improved upon) is posted and there's no dissent. This site has a wealth of info, but you have to weigh it's credibility and value. Besides, we're here for more than just info.
I was talking where the advertisers had pay per click ads and backlinks that gave the site operator commissions. Plus the site owner could link to his site to sell parts , tools , accessories etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom