Interesting Speech - Tarek Fatah talks at Ideacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TAREK FATAH SPEECH TRANSCRIPTION PART V
[Mark 8:40 to 10:50]

Something, brothers and sisters, has gone wrong. The sponge-like spine that we are displaying could lead us to the end of the civilization as we know it. That men and women are equal and sit in the front row of such an event is not something that was always there. It has come out of 400 years. It has come out of the Enlightenment. It has come out of Europe. It has come out of the French and American revolutions. Trust me. I'm from India. It didn't come out of the Gupta Dynasty. It didn't come from the Ming Dynasty of China. Many of these thoughts originated and crystallized into European civilization, but how dare we feel ashamed of the fact that this is a country where gay people can marry, that you cannot go against the Jews and slander them and practice antisemitism [and listen until you couch] that as solidarity with the Palestinians. And European antisemitism is now creeping into our society under the guise of showing solidarity with Muslims.

It is horrendous what is happening, but no one is speaking because nobody wishes to insult or demean the Muslim community, and that is the right thing to do. However, please understand that there is a distinction between Islam as a faith, which along with every other religion has its own problems, and Islamism, which is an ideology, a political ideology, that says that western civilization has to be destroyed. The books that are distributed at Eaton Center and the Dundas Square clearly state by the founders of the Muslim Brotherhood that all western countries have to be destroyed. They are distributed free of charge. I have never seen one Canadian stand up to the goon who distributes that. We makes noise after lost Stanley Cup games, but we don't make noise of what is happening to western civilization, of which Canada is an integral part.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TAREK FATAH SPEECH TRANSCRIPTION PART VI
[Mark 10:50 to 13:15]

We are a society and a culture that saves its best parking spaces for handicapped men, like me. We do not throw the marginalized into separate, segregated camps. We take care of them. That culture, that civilization, is superior to the one in which a thousand people can be killed and shot dead by the army of Syria, but nobody speaks about it.

In the closing time that I have, I want you to focus, and I hope you can talk to your families and your friends and your neighbors, that when someone says that there is a penetration of Jihadi Islamists within Canadian society, do not dismiss it as some right-wing, xenophobic, racist rant.

Today, in the White House, there are three members of the Muslim Brotherhood that influence Obama's policy. One is Rashad Hassan of Indian origin, who is the American ambassador to the 52-nation organization of Islamic countries. Dahlia Mujahid who writes his speech, who comes from the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Just day before yesterday, another woman, an academic, was appointed in that circle. This is happening while we sit silent, and I say that as a liberal democrat, as someone who worked and campaigned for Barrack Obama.

We have evidence in Canada of this penetration that's going on. Our campuses are no longer the campuses where you can talk freely. You have antisemitism on the rise at University of Toronto. Just a couple of weeks ago, there was a count of Jews in the University of Toronto--in an academics class. This is happening friends. I'm not talking of Nuremberg or Heidelberg of the '30s. I'm talking 2011 University of Toronto here in the Social Work Department, where the professor said to the class, Oh, half of my peers are Jews, and it went unprotested. And when it starts with the Jews, because they are so few, trust me, it extends to other people.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TAREK FATAH SPEECH TRANSCRIPTION PART VII
[Mark 13:15-14:43]

We have sacrificed a lot to create a society where men and women are equal, where black and white can be of equal status, where citizenship is not based on inherited race or religion. Let us not sacrifice that in the name of pluralism and tolerance, and tolerate bigotry and Islamofascism as if it was something that need to be tolerated. I refer to that as "racism of lower expectations," when you say yes, the rest of us are equal human beings but those Muslims--well, maybe they are not yet fully developed as human beings, so we will put a lower threshold. If that guy beats up his wife and kills his daughter, we won't even call it honor killing. That happened in this city! When Aqsa Pervez died, there were women groups saying that's not honor killing. For crying out loud, 5000 Pakistani women die every year. If you claim you have done an honor killing, you get half a sentence than what you do with a murder. And yet, there are feminist organizations in this city that would refer to me as a right-wing lunatic or an agent of Zionism for having spoken up for the dead body of Aqsa Pervez.

Why is it happening? Because we are not speaking out. And the dangers we face, if we do not confront them today, our children will not forgive us tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem guys.

Do you guys have some suggestions on what would be some good points from this video to discuss in an essay regarding american studies with respect to ideologies, culture, race, nationalism, disability, etc. I am writing the essay for my American Studies class. I am an engineering student and quite frankly hate writing and seem to always develop a huge writer's block when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem guys.

Do you guys have some suggestions on what would be some good points from this video to discuss in an essay regarding American studies with respect to ideologies, culture, race, nationalism, disability, etc. I am writing the essay for my American Studies class. I am an engineering student and quite frankly hate writing and seem to always develop a huge writer's block when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks.

I think a good talking point would be to cover the ideology behind negative branding. Group "A" does something abhorrent to Group "B" societal norms. Group "B" condemns the act and determines that the reason for the abhorrent act is the societal norms of Group "A". Then Group "C" attacks Group "B" as racist or bigoted. Subsequently, the condemnation of the act itself becomes marginalized.

This is becoming a prevalent phenomenon in many areas and it's very detrimental. The media has a lot to do with it in my opinion. Rather than report the news, they've devolved into stylized shaping of stories and creating controversy where it doesn't exist or only nominally does. They further exacerbate the problem by airing any nutjob with a stupid opinion on the subject. Whatever happened to just reporting the news?

Latest posts

Top Bottom