Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever he was using.

This.

Other than an SBS, I find shotguns a little too long and cumbersome for home defense. No doubt they would work and are fine choice for many, but just not for me. The AR is the gun I shoot the most and feel the most comfortable with. I can operate it day, night, rain, snow, hunt, etc.

As far as ammo goes. 55gn Speer Gold Dots should do the trick in 5.56 . I keep my 300BLK SBR loaded with Barnes 110 TAC-TX and the 6.8 SBR loaded with XM68GD which is also a Speer bonded bullet when I am not at the range.

IMHO, At the ranges these cats caught hell, it wouldn't matter what was round was in that gun, the wound channel/cavity and tissue damage due to the rounds velocity at what is basically point blank (aka across a kitchen) would be devastating.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, but I am thinking more of overpenetration and such. I don't want to endanger the neighborhood too much.

Although, the 300 with a nice subsonic load I would think would be ideal. Not sure I want to keep the SBR with the suppressor out and ready all the time instead of in the safe, though. :(

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you kidding me just seen where they are planning a vidual for them like they are the victims I been just observing and staying out of it but dam I hate they made the wrong choice and we're killed but I'm not checking backgrounds and ID's if someone comes into my house!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
A vigil?

Well... I guess that's ok, their families and friends are entitled to mourn them and their poor choices, the bad circumstances or whatever that led them to that place.

But if they start this BS about it not having been necessary to shoot them, and starting to talk about how we need more firearms protections, etc., then I'd vote for the tear gas.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, but I am thinking more of overpenetration and such. I don't want to endanger the neighborhood too much.

Although, the 300 with a nice subsonic load I would think would be ideal. Not sure I want to keep the SBR with the suppressor out and ready all the time instead of in the safe, though. :(

I live in the sticks and closest neighbor is out of range. I keep mine in a quick access safe (no dial combo) when we are home. House is solid brick so not really worried about that either, unless a round goes through a window and then the other houses I can see are brick and about 700 yards away.

I love the subsonics on 300, but too cheap to buy Lehigh Defense ammo for SD.

I love pistols, as a means to make sure I can get to my rifles.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this is from the news article:

"Rodriguez was arrested after turning herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department a few hours after the shooting because she "wanted to give their names so their parents could be notified," Young said. She did not provide authorities additional information, he said"

Not advocating criminal activity but this chica is none-to-bright.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you're worried about overpenetration, then go with Hornady TAP with the polymer tipped bullets. Less interpretation than 9mm.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheriff has said that the AR that he used was an unusual choice for a home defense weapon because in his words- theyre less powerful than the usual hunting rifle but more accurate and they have the advantage of more rounds on hand. He said they commonly see mostly handguns used in HD situations. So, that says to me its the perfect weapon then for HD if he took out 3 guys pretty quickly. Something just doesn't add up tho. He must of known they were there to hurt him if he completely took them out. A prior beef maybe? Someone had been threatening him?

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The sheriff has said that the AR that he used was an unusual choice for a home defense weapon because in his words- theyre less powerful than the usual hunting rifle but more accurate and they have the advantage of more rounds on hand. He said they commonly see mostly handguns used in HD situations. So, that says to me its the perfect weapon then for HD if he took out 3 guys pretty quickly. Something just doesn't add up tho. He must of known they were there to hurt him if he completely took them out. A prior beef maybe? Someone had been threatening him?

Oh I don't know, seems anyone that that would break into my house dressed in all black with masks is not there to do the dishes or make a sammich. I would immediately assume ANYONE who breaks in is there to do no good and would promptly meet the rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom