Is this stupid, or am I?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try telling that to the dolt behind the register tho'..........Of course *I* have and it's a win some/lose some situation.

Of course what I said was according to Merchant acceptance rules. The dolt behind the register is just that, a dolt who hasn't a clue.

Merchants aren't supposed to have a fee for using a credit card, but they do that too.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course what I said was according to Merchant acceptance rules. The dolt behind the register is just that, a dolt who hasn't a clue.
Yeah, I hardly ever have the patience to wait for the merchant. ;)

Merchants aren't supposed to have a fee for using a credit card, but they do that too.
Usually it's "built in" if at all, but yeah, I've seen some places...usually gun shops...outwardly announce that they will charge you a fee.
(and usually it's the crappier gun shops anyway)

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cash works well, too.

I handle cash in my work, and as such, it's a good idea to avoid having personal cash on me.

Obviously this is no real concern, not losing any sleep over it. Just like pointing out things that are kinda stupid or wasted steps.

Which this is, some just say "enter pin or press credit." why should I have to spend the extra arm movement to press yes.... And them my pin.

I'm a lazy bastard.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not according to Visa...

Just asking, but isn't the show ID an option?
20 years ago when I got a divorce, the ex was trying to make it on the shared credit card until I caught it, and they added a code to it, that required a picture ID.

Again, that was 20 years ago, so I'm not sure if that is still an option.

It should be though.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just asking, but isn't the show ID an option?
20 years ago when I got a divorce, the ex was trying to make it on the shared credit card until I caught it, and they added a code to it, that required a picture ID.

Again, that was 20 years ago, so I'm not sure if that is still an option.

It should be though.

eh...I dunno'...

What I *do* remember is that Visa ran a large commercial campaign several years ago touting the convenience of using their product because of the no ID requirement.....'member that?
They apparently deemed it Superbowl worthy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't watch football, so did not see that.
Seems a lot of the credit card fraud would be solved by requiring a photo ID.
It might be an inconvience to most, but what he heck?
Your only liable for the first $50, but personally, I don't want to give my fifty bucks to a thief.

Why would the credit card companies not be in favor of this? Do they get some sort of break?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't watch football, so did not see that.
Seems a lot of the credit card fraud would be solved by requiring a photo ID.
It might be an inconvience to most, but what he heck?
Your only liable for the first $50, but personally, I don't want to give my fifty bucks to a thief.

Why would the credit card companies not be in favor of this? Do they get some sort of break?

I'm sorry but since you don't watch football I can neither answer your questions 'nor consort with you in any way.

:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom