The turnpike system and the money grabbers In the state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now they’ve closed off the exits ability to pay in favor of the license plate reader system.

The cost has soared from 1.15 to $2.05 to go 8 miles on the shitcreek turnpike.

Every car needs a pike pass now or you pay for it.

We went from machines that couldn’t counted money correctly 1 out of 4 times and no debit/credit card readers to this.

Screw the pike pass I’m not giving state a loan on my 2 cars. I used the system to go from Claremore to BA maybe 6 times a year.

Now it’s zero due to cost. Now it cost me a check and a .63 cent stamp as well🧐

You think they would have upgraded the machines to a coke machine standards👎🏿
B0B0BE19-87E2-4206-B9F6-3AC80D077B91.jpeg

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the complaint, but I like pike pass.

Works well in Texas, works here in oklahoma, I keep enough money on my account that it takes years to even get to the point where I need to reload m account, I seldom use it, but its there if needed.

You also no longer have to stop, just keep driving.

I understand pike pass is now accepted in Kansas as well.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No one has to use the turnpike. A couple of our fine members have bragged about how they beat paying tolls. Maybe they can give you some pointers. I think one guy bragged about pulling a trailer until he changed his story to it being a one time accidental thing.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now they’ve closed off the exits ability to pay in favor of the license plate reader system.

We went from machines that couldn’t counted money correctly 1 out of 4 times and no debit/credit card readers to this.

Screw the pike pass I’m not giving state a loan on my 2 cars. I used the system to go from Claremore to BA maybe 6 times a year.

You think they would have upgraded the machines to a coke machine standards👎🏿View attachment 398776

So the state is gonna be out $12? Will they recover you think?

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Oklahoma has more turnpikes than any other State. My biggest complaint is when Turner turpike was created it was supposed to be paid off. That never happened. And I44 is a major hiway and no other good way to get from OKC to Tulsa.
I believe the citizens voted to keep it a turnpike to use the funds to pay for other roads. That is on us, not the government.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when H. E. Bailey was built. The toll was $0.10 ans was "only going to be in effect until the road was paid for." 1964 and not paid for, yet. Toll is now $2.00.

Little by little, the toll roads are multiplying and alternate routes are nonexistent or inconvenient.

Got to play to pay. I avoid tolls, when possible, but have a Pike Pass, when needed.

There was a guy I knew that bragged about having his Pike Pass on velcro. He put the Pass in his lap to avoid "reader".
If he got pulled over, he would show his badge (LE) and point out the Pass.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You think they would have upgraded the machines to a coke machine standards👎🏿View attachment 398776

I'll never understand why folks don't just get a pike pass . . . they'll take $40 or so to cover trips and then replenish when you get to under $10.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I avoid tolls if at all possible, but living near OKC that's a lot easier. Tulsa has maximized the effectiveness of tolls. In OKC you can go around every single one easily. I rarely take a toll road GOING somewhere like Chickasha, Lawton, B.A., but I'm usually outvoted on the trip home for the sake of expedience. I have family in B.A. that uses 4 or more tolls 6 or more days a week.
And I know it's conspiracy talk but it seems like every GPS we have is in cahoots with Pikepass. If you view the route going anywhere from Mustang, it wants you to take the toll road from S.15th to I40. That's half a mile. It's less than 45 seconds. But every single time, I have to override it.
Screenshot_20230804-091013.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom