It seems lots of people are being turned off by the candidates for Republican

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep the house and gain the senate and another AWB won't happen. The political climate around the 2a is much different now than in 1994.

Don't be so sure. Without another election to worry about, I can see him dictating the ATF to write new regulations to do just that. Look at the new dealer requirements on the border states. No legislation required, they just deem it so, and it is so. They could ban high cap mags, do one gun a month, all sorts of things. Obama is nothing but a "banana republic" style dictator, just look at what he's done and how he's done it. Czars, regulations, ignoring congressional subpoenas (think Eric Holder). He would have no compunction whatever without another election holding him back and he's shown very clearly that he couldn't give a squat about what the public thinks.

Throw in one SCOTUS appointment and Heller would have gone different and the 2A is only in the history books. His EPA has set us back 20 years on energy. I could go on, but yeah he would only be a lame duck....

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This article is an opinion piece, can you provide a better link?

Actually, all I can find on it are opinion pieces except for the link posted by Biggsly. It's not like this will make headlines in the mainstream media. The link I posted was an e-mail I got from the NRA.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter much if someone votes for Obummer. Oklahoma will be a red state in November regardless.
To paraphrase (sort of) Mrs. President, President Obama, "For the first time in my adult life, I am really Proud of my state"----- NOT A SINGLE COUNTY. But seriously I know that Romney is Obama Light, but if he is the nominee, I'll probably vote for him. The reason is, I don't believe he has many principles, and with a liberal, IMO, that can be a good thing. I could support Santorum, but then I also support. Israel. In answer to the original topic, the Media has pretty well savaged all the candidates who posed a threat to Romney. Finally, four more years of Obama, And I don't think it will matter who is elected in 2016.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be so sure. Without another election to worry about, I can see him dictating the ATF to write new regulations to do just that. Look at the new dealer requirements on the border states. No legislation required, they just deem it so, and it is so. They could ban high cap mags, do one gun a month, all sorts of things. Obama is nothing but a "banana republic" style dictator, just look at what he's done and how he's done it. Czars, regulations, ignoring congressional subpoenas (think Eric Holder). He would have no compunction whatever without another election holding him back and he's shown very clearly that he couldn't give a squat about what the public thinks.

Throw in one SCOTUS appointment and Heller would have gone different and the 2A is only in the history books. His EPA has set us back 20 years on energy. I could go on, but yeah he would only be a lame duck....

The reason I say that the climate is different than 1994 is that we now have 40 or so states that have legal conceal carry laws and castle doctrine laws that were not present in 1994. There is a large contingent of pro gun democrats that would not support another AWB. http://http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/2009/03/sixty-five-pro-gun-democrats-in-the-us-congress/

I understand the thought that O will simply circumvent the constitution and do things through the bureaucracy. However on an issue with widespread support like the 2A, he would draw enough attention that congress could go the route of impeachment if O does not play by the rules. I mean if the congress is too cowardly to check this unbridled power by the executive, the republic is lost and we simply elect a king every 4 years.

I agree the EPA has become the biggest hindrance to business but that has gone on under Bush and the only candidate that would seriously axe any bureaucracy is Paul.

Latest posts

Top Bottom