It seems lots of people are being turned off by the candidates for Republican

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
snipped... However on an issue with widespread support like the 2A, he would draw enough attention that congress could go the route of impeachment if O does not play by the rules. I mean if the congress is too cowardly to check this unbridled power by the executive, the republic is lost and we simply elect a king every 4 years.

They don't have the balls. If they won't impeach Holder over this fast and furious fiasco, they sure as hell aren't going to impeach Obama for any damn thing. So we have a President that won't do what he was sworn to do and we also have a Congress that won't do their job either. So yeah, we are pretty much screwed if we get another 4 years of O. If we can get him voted out, at least we have a chance. But 4 more years of debt limit increases and America will most certainly not be down for breakfast. O knows that and will be able to articulate a massive philosophical shift in our government with the blessing of the folks under the threat of complete economic disaster (remember Bush?). This will include all manner of the .gov limiting our freedoms all in the name of the common good. I'm beginning to think those folks in that Doomsday Prepper show may not be so nuts afterall. Where's my beer......

Edit: Yes the EPA did some squirrely stuff under Bush. But Bush was a little school girl compared to O.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to vote for Obama or the current Congress? (Shaking my head) .......

There are many reasons why people would vote for Obama - none of them valid IMO
  1. He seems like a nice man
  2. Government is our salvation - the common man's judgement and self-reliance cannot be trusted
  3. Government is our salvation - free money!
  4. He has been picked on
  5. All is hopeless so let's bring on the county's collapse soon
  6. His opponents are evil
  7. His opponents are incompetent

Most of these reasons seem quite dumb but I believe that people use emotions first and then latch onto something logical sounding to justify that emotional judgement

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many reasons why people would vote for Obama - none of them valid IMO
  1. He seems like a nice man
  2. Government is our salvation - the common man's judgement and self-reliance cannot be trusted
  3. Government is our salvation - free money!
  4. He has been picked on
  5. All is hopeless so let's bring on the county's collapse soon
  6. His opponents are evil
  7. His opponents are incompetent

Most of these reasons seem quite dumb but I believe that people use emotions first and then latch onto something logical sounding to justify that emotional judgement

Because there is no difference between Obama, Romney, and Gingrich. They all pander to corporate interests, because they are whores for the money.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because there is no difference between Obama, Romney, and Gingrich. They all pander to corporate interests, because they are whores for the money.

That might fall under reason number 5 or close to it: "All is hopeless so let's bring on the country's collapse soon."

Romney is very flawed but I do think he would create a better environment for an economic recovery. I think he understands that in order to invest and grow the economy, business needs to feel safe from crazy, anti-free enterprise regulations. Obama seems hell-bend to regulate free enterprise out of existence. That is the major plus I see to Romney - he understands and values free enterprise.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That might fall under reason number 5 or close to it: "All is hopeless so let's bring on the country's collapse soon."

Romney is very flawed but I do think he would create a better environment for an economic recovery. I think he understands that in order to invest and grow the economy, business needs to feel safe from crazy, anti-free enterprise regulations. Obama seems hell-bend to regulate free enterprise out of existence. That is the major plus I see to Romney - he understands and values free enterprise.

I'm not sure about all of that, he hasn't done much good for MA. Besides that, he loves the wrong Jesus, or loves him the wrong way or something, so that will probably prevent the hardcore GOP base from getting behind him.

What I can't believe is all the anti-Paul rhetoric from hardcore conservatives this year. Seriously guys, you had a chance at a real conservative this year and you blew it because his math was over your head? I mean we need to stop spending money, right? But for some reason Zeus and Apollo have decreed that we shall invest heavily in Israel or Poseidon shall release the cracken or something?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm good with Santorum, Romney, and even Gingrich over Obama. Paul might be my distant 5th choice

I would even take Paul over Obama. I would be holding my nose even more so then with the other 3, but I would take him over Obama. Mainly because I do not think Paul would veto rolling back some of the crap (like obamacare) that has been passed the last few years.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about all of that, he hasn't done much good for MA. Besides that, he loves the wrong Jesus, or loves him the wrong way or something, so that will probably prevent the hardcore GOP base from getting behind him.

What I can't believe is all the anti-Paul rhetoric from hardcore conservatives this year. Seriously guys, you had a chance at a real conservative this year and you blew it because his math was over your head? I mean we need to stop spending money, right? But for some reason Zeus and Apollo have decreed that we shall invest heavily in Israel or Poseidon shall release the cracken or something?

Paul is even less a real conservative then Romney, he is just better at lying about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom