It's raining!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well no wonder they're hi-falutin if they live in a co-op*... most chickens live in a coop. :D

* co-op/ˈkōˌäp/noun
1. a cooperative society, business, or enterprise.

Lol, that danged autocorrect. I changed it ... TWICE! (But ya know, chickens are flock animals ... they cooperate and I don't keep them cuz they are cute, so they better be getting down to business if they don't want to be in the crock pot so ... :anyone::naughty:)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted about my wife wanting a chicken house and chickens and how I don't think that's going to happen ever.
It's concept.
My wifes idea of a chicken coop:
A chicken coop.jpg

My memory of a chicken coop:
B chicken coop.jpg

Its all perspective.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About mid morning here in SE Kingfisher County, we had a shift in the wind. It kicked up a haboob about half a mile north of us. We got dust. :mad:

Woody

PS: We have harvested 2 tomatoes, 3 summer squash smaller than hotdogs, and three normal chili peppers. It cost us hundreds of gallons of water so far. Fortunately, we had a good harvest of turnips early on. Maybe the potatoes will surprise us.

We really need to harvest about a bushel of green tomatoes to make piccalilli this year. We're about to run out of the scant amount we made last fall.

The only good sizeable crop we had last year was cantaloupe. We have enough cantaloupe jam to last till the fall of next year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About mid morning here in SE Kingfisher County, we had a shift in the wind. It kicked up a haboob about half a mile north of us. We got dust. :mad:

Woody

PS: We have harvested 2 tomatoes, 3 summer squash smaller than hotdogs, and three normal chili peppers. It cost us hundreds of gallons of water so far. Fortunately, we had a good harvest of turnips early on. Maybe the potatoes will surprise us.

We really need to harvest about a bushel of green tomatoes to make piccalilli this year. We're about to run out of the scant amount we made last fall.

The only good sizeable crop we had last year was cantaloupe. We have enough cantaloupe jam to last till the fall of next year.

We have had a wet spring and early summer. I watered the garden for the first time last week with soaker hoses, and started on the back yard today with the sprinkler to keep the bermuda green. The rest of the 4 acre yard can go dormant. Well, it will go dormant except for the sand burrs and then I can go around with a jug of ghyphosate and kill those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom