jerky recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have did a few searches on here and didn't come up with much. I am slicing up about 15 pounds of deer meat today and thought about marinading in (3) 5 pound batches. 3 different to do a taste test. Yum Yum
Anybody have a marinade they would like to share?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My go to marinade is
1 Cup of Soy sauce
1 cup of terrakii sauce
1/4 cup worchestershire

marinate for at least 1 hour, no more than two.
Lay the strips on the drying rack and then add spices.
I use powdered garlic, powdered onion, black pepper, and cayanne pepper if you want heat. Go real easy on the cayanne pepper.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to grind the meat and use a jerky gun. Marinate in soy/worchester before grinding. Add American Harvest Traditional Jerky seasoning you get in wallymart. Squeeze it out on the trays and dry it. Sometimes I put cayenne in when mixing. The American Harvest Cajun flavor seasoning is good too but the Traditional is just great. I didn't think I would like it this way and would rather have it sliced like normal. But after trying it, I like it a lot. Much easier on the teeth.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider... I do what you say with my ground meat. I bought the jerky cannon after using the little plastic jerky gun and I have to recommend the cannon. It holds around a full pound of meat. I have used the American Harvest seasonings and use original and spicy 50/50. I have also used another brand I have bought at BPS made by Hi Mountain.

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just use Dale's seasoning. Cut the meat thin. Most easily accomplished when it's not all the way thawed. Put it in a vacuum seal container, mix and cover with Dale's seasoning, let sit overnight. And dehydrate it for 4-6 hours in a dehydrator or oven set to low. Timing depending on your thickness and how dry you want it.

Mix in a little brown sugar if you like it sweet. Add a little crushed red pepper and black pepper if you like it spicy.

I would recommend using the low sodium version. The regular version is great for marinating steaks but gets a little too salty for jerky. Not bad if you like salty, but man you end up eating so much it'll definitely dehydrate you...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just use Dale's seasoning. Cut the meat thin. Most easily accomplished when it's not all the way thawed. Put it in a vacuum seal container, mix and cover with Dale's seasoning, let sit overnight. And dehydrate it for 4-6 hours in a dehydrator or oven set to low. Timing depending on your thickness and how dry you want it.

Mix in a little brown sugar if you like it sweet. Add a little crushed red pepper and black pepper if you like it spicy.

I would recommend using the low sodium version. The regular version is great for marinating steaks but gets a little too salty for jerky. Not bad if you like salty, but man you end up eating so much it'll definitely dehydrate you...

The store here doesn't carry low sodium Dales. I use the regular dales and use Moore's seasoning too. Moore's is a just like a low sodium dales.

Jerky should be done on the dehy about 1 a.m. Have 2 dehydrators going 8 trays each.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The store here doesn't carry low sodium Dales. I use the regular dales and use Moore's seasoning too. Moore's is a just like a low sodium dales.

Jerky should be done on the dehy about 1 a.m. Have 2 dehydrators going 8 trays each.

Not sure I can make it that far by 1am. :blah:

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

So how'd it turn out?

My wife doesn't really like venison grilled but she loves the jerky. I made about 10lbs of it before Christmas and it only made it about 2 weeks. That stuff is so addictive. Can't wait to restock the freezer!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom