Kahr PM9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi TulsaDadof3,

How do you carry? Pocket? IWB?

I use a Glock 19 (but a 26 would also be good) for IWB, but the PM9 is for pocket use.

See my post #5 on a place to order a PM9 for $560 out the door including the $10 fee at OPS for a transfer. This is probably $140 less than you can get one locally. It won't come with night sights and you will have to send the slide in to Kahr to have them installed if you want them, but at least you get your choice of sights.

RJ in Broken Arrow may still have one for $669+tx that has night sights on it. It has the older style slide and meps for sights.

I couldn't bring myself to pay the $700+ for it locally and was set to give up on it until I found the deal at gtdist. That put it at a price point I was willing to work with.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend the premium or fuss with a Kahr if I was going to carry it IWB. To me, a Glock is better in that role. Cheaper, more reliable, less chance of an out of box problem, can be worked on, probably more durable, cheaper mags, the list goes on. But, for the pocket, the PM9 rules!

Good luck,
Alan

Thanks Alan. I have always carried IWB before. I've been wanting to go to a pocket which is why I'm considering the PM9 I guess. Thanks for the link and info. That is the best price i've seen but it doesn't seem that they have the Blackened Slide. But I"m not ready to buy yet anyway so maybe by the time I have saved up they will be more available and possibly a few used on the market. Being a Dad of Three, it's harder to save for a gun than anything else!

I agree with you on the glock issue, cheaper and way more replacement parts/aftermarket parts available.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the blackened slide myself, but it seems they are harder to find used. Which night sights did you get for it Novack, Merprolight, Trijicon or XS Sight System?

I really like the XS Sight System Big Dot Tritium Sights....anyone ever used them?

The wifes bi-tone has meprolite sights, Mine is the black diamond with standard sights. I carry mine, IWB milt sparks SSII.
I own glocks,sigs,kimbers,wilson,springers,h-k,colts,etc.. This pm9 is what I carry everyday. I have shot 800 rounds through it, No problems.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the blackened slide myself, but it seems they are harder to find used. Which night sights did you get for it Novack, Merprolight, Trijicon or XS Sight System?

I really like the XS Sight System Big Dot Tritium Sights....anyone ever used them?

I've had two DLC Kahr pistols. My first one was a PM9 that worked like a charm and was very accurate. A friend talked me out of it. The 2d DLC was a K9. I did not like the NYC trigger and found it to be a good handgun but nothing special, so it was replaced by a P239. Actually, I'm glad that the friend talked me out of the DLC PM9 because it was eventually replaced by a stainless slide PM9 with factory night sights. I find I prefer the looks of the stainless slide to the DLC. The DLC seems somewhat dull after having it for a while.

I have not used the XS big dot on a Kahr but have on other handguns. I really prefer the factory night sights to the big dot as the PM9 is capable of accuracy the big dot is not capable of. The big dot is very fast to acquire a target but I have no problem with that with the regular night sights.

Everyone has preferences. Those are just mine.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not used the XS big dot on a Kahr but have on other handguns. I really prefer the factory night sights to the big dot as the PM9 is capable of accuracy the big dot is not capable of. The big dot is very fast to acquire a target but I have no problem with that with the regular night sights.

I was thinking the same, fast acquisition but less accuracy due to it's size. Thanks for your opinion, I'll take it into consideration when making my choice.

The wifes bi-tone has meprolite sights, Mine is the black diamond with standard sights. I carry mine, IWB milt sparks SSII.
I own glocks,sigs,kimbers,wilson,springers,h-k,colts,etc.. This pm9 is what I carry everyday. I have shot 800 rounds through it, No problems.

I think i'm leaning more and more towards a PM9 rather than a SubCompact just due to the ease of carry no matter what I'm wearing. Thanks!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one that I was selling for a cop friend. I shot it and didn't care for it. Too much recoil for fast follow-up shots. It has the same drawbacks as most subcompacts,short sight radius and grips that are too small for large hands.If you need a deep concealment gun it will work well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom