Kahr PM9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the wife a bi-tone with night sights, Liked it so well, I bought me one also. good guns, no problems at all.
Good luck.

I really like the blackened slide myself, but it seems they are harder to find used. Which night sights did you get for it Novack, Merprolight, Trijicon or XS Sight System?

I really like the XS Sight System Big Dot Tritium Sights....anyone ever used them?

RollingRock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one of these (9094N model--slide is blackend) last year,,,,had a couple of FTF/FTE in the first 200 or so rounds....since then works great. Mine doesn't like Wolf or American Eagle ammo...loves Speer, WWB, Blazer Brass and Hornady. Got some Meprolight sights this summer, nice.
Carry in a Galco, and all is well....perfect for hot weather!

Reaction score

Dislikes: Mag release is a little soft for my tastes, could use a stiffer spring.

The latter is also my normal complaint with polymer-framed, vertical-leaf-mag-release spring autopistols - and the single biggest reason I no longer own: Kel Tec P380, Taurus PT145 Mil Pro, and Glocks generally, when I otherwise loved (or liked) those guns. Think I may wait for the Boberg instead of jumping on the PM9 bandwagon. But I'll say this - my Kahr 380 doesn't suffer that same affliction to the same degree; I'm satisfied with it. The MK9 I had didn't either, of course, because it was a steel-frame, 1911-style-coil-spring mag release. Fantastic pistol in the MK9, but ultimately heavier than a I wanted for a smart-carry/always rig.

Glocktogo - quick sidebar. I was able to solve the problem one time with a 10/.45 Glock frame. I had a model 20 frame in 10 mm dedicated to a Mech-Tech upper. I bought a mag release 'stick' for 9/.40 Glocks, and installed it with same spring. Since it was shorter, it 'pulled' on the leaf spring more, and was both stiffer and a bit shorter, both of which helped to overcome the issue (which is accidental releasing). I mention this since your username implies you may still shoot Glocks. If you have a 10/.45 model, you might try it. Cheap fix. :)

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one of these (9094N model--slide is blackend) last year,,,,had a couple of FTF/FTE in the first 200 or so rounds....since then works great. Mine doesn't like Wolf or American Eagle ammo...loves Speer, WWB, Blazer Brass and Hornady. Got some Meprolight sights this summer, nice.
Carry in a Galco, and all is well....perfect for hot weather!

OOOO i'm jealous....that's what I want is a 9094N model like you have.
Thanks for the info on ammo....good to know......want to sell by chance? haha!

If you can overcome the price I think you'll have little to complain about any of the Kahrs.

I agree the prices seem to be a bit high.....but they seem like quality guns. Also seems like most online stores are out of stock, especially the Blackened slides (9094's)

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're not in a big hurry they come on the board from time to time at decent prices.
You just need to be ready to move fast on the bargain priced ones.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're not in a big hurry they come on the board from time to time at decent prices.
You just need to be ready to move fast on the bargain priced ones.

Still saving up for one right now.....recently had to sell my CCW Taurus .40 due to unexpected broken spring on my car. I hate being without a CCW but I hate even more putting stuff on Credit. I did do the spring job myself and saved over $300 based on what tire places wanted to charge me.

Leaning more towards a Kahr due to there size and slim frame right now. Also considering a G26 "BABY" Glock in 9mm or a XDM in 9mm.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi TulsaDadof3,

How do you carry? Pocket? IWB?

I use a Glock 19 (but a 26 would also be good) for IWB, but the PM9 is for pocket use.

See my post #5 on a place to order a PM9 for $560 out the door including the $10 fee at OPS for a transfer. This is probably $140 less than you can get one locally. It won't come with night sights and you will have to send the slide in to Kahr to have them installed if you want them, but at least you get your choice of sights.

RJ in Broken Arrow may still have one for $669+tx that has night sights on it. It has the older style slide and meps for sights.

I couldn't bring myself to pay the $700+ for it locally and was set to give up on it until I found the deal at gtdist. That put it at a price point I was willing to work with.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend the premium or fuss with a Kahr if I was going to carry it IWB. To me, a Glock is better in that role. Cheaper, more reliable, less chance of an out of box problem, can be worked on, probably more durable, cheaper mags, the list goes on. But, for the pocket, the PM9 rules!

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom