Kindle Paper White 3G

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying one for my wife. How do I get free books from the Moore library and from Amazon. Someone told me I have to have Wireless internet at the house. I have cable usb internet. My head is spinning on this thing. Can someone explain it to me in non tech talk?

FlimFlam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is actually a "whispernet" that allows you download books without a WiFi connection. This is free in the U.S. but a WiFi connection would probably be a lot faster. You could also connect your Kindle to your computer and transfer the files over similar to a USB or CD.

As for free books, Amazon Prime allows you to lend and borrow books from other Amazon users. Occasionally they do have free books you can download as well.

Moore Public Library looks like use the Pioneer Library system (http://www.pioneer.lib.ok.us/home/moore) where you create an account using your library card and are able to check out eBooks from that service. They could probably explain it better and show you how to get started with it at the library.

Latest posts

Top Bottom