Legendary rocker Meat Loaf is dead…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was one of my very favorite artists. I was introduced to him by my mother way back in the mid 70s. She was a big fan as well.

He didn't just sing, he brought a complete and absolute theatrical performance when he was on stage. Every radio station out there butchers his songs because they are always so long and they have to edit them.

This is my favorite version of I Would Do Anything for Love (but I won't do that). The way Meatloaf leaves his everything on stage and how the gorgeous Patti Russo delivers her part is nothing short of spectacular. The way she and Meat converse and "make love" on stage, if you will, is quite phenomenal, especially compared to live concert acts of today. If you went to a Meatloaf concert, you definitely got your money's worth.

If you don't care to hear the entire song (it is lengthy) but just the part I'm referring to, fast forward to around the 6:25 mark...

RIP oh mighty legend. You sir, were a huge influence to me and always in the soundtrack of my youth, my young adulthood as well as my years of late. Whenever I couldn't find anything on the dial, all I had to do is pop in your CD and suddenly, I was transported back to 1975. Thanks for the memories. A part of me died right along with you.

:bowdown:

Patti Russo! She really made my clock tick back in the day. Probably still could!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BF04CE76-9BC1-4447-A72A-F1F8BAAE2394.jpeg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was one of my very favorite artists. I was introduced to him by my mother way back in the mid 70s. She was a big fan as well.

He didn't just sing, he brought a complete and absolute theatrical performance when he was on stage. Every radio station out there butchers his songs because they are always so long and they have to edit them.

This is my favorite version of I Would Do Anything for Love (but I won't do that). The way Meatloaf leaves his everything on stage and how the gorgeous Patti Russo delivers her part is nothing short of spectacular. The way she and Meat converse and "make love" on stage, if you will, is quite phenomenal, especially compared to live concert acts of today. If you went to a Meatloaf concert, you definitely got your money's worth.

If you don't care to hear the entire song (it is lengthy) but just the part I'm referring to, fast forward to around the 6:25 mark...

RIP oh mighty legend. You sir, were a huge influence to me and always in the soundtrack of my youth, my young adulthood as well as my years of late. Whenever I couldn't find anything on the dial, all I had to do is pop in your CD and suddenly, I was transported back to 1975. Thanks for the memories. A part of me died right along with you.

:bowdown:

Wow!!! That's all I can say...I've never seen that video before, but wow!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom