Lost Tradition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awhile back, we took the kids to Branson and of course we had to stop at the McDonald’s that goes over the turnpike.

I took the kids to fence to teach them the Trucker Horn Pull Arm Thing but not a single trucker blew their horn. Probably tried it on 10 different trucks.

Is this a thing of the past? What are other lost traditions you did as a kid that are no longer followed?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They got those sun shades pulled down and they are not looking for anyone over the bridge. They are concentrating on idiots entering the roadway at 30 MPH instead of turnpike speeds.

Have your kids try to do it to truckers when you pass them on the highway. You might get a surprise.

I have seen these mounted sideways on trucks. The old train horn trick. Not legal in some jurisdictions.
1651280433338.png

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They got those sun shades pulled down and they are not looking for anyone over the bridge. They are concentrating on idiots entering the roadway at 30 MPH instead of turnpike speeds.

Have your kids try to do it to truckers when you pass them on the highway. You might get a surprise.

I have seen these mounted sideways on trucks. The old train horn trick. Not legal in some jurisdictions.
View attachment 269386
I’ll definitely try it on the highway but we were outside along the fence right next to the turnpike when we tried it.

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I think most truck drivers just don't care anymore. I like to honk the horn when I see kids out and about with their families or on school trips when they give me the hand/arm signal. Other than that, I don't. Too many sensitive drivers get the wrong idea. I can't give a crazy person an excuse to cut me off and brake check.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most truck drivers just don't care anymore. I like to honk the horn when I see kids out and about with their families or on school trips when they give me the hand/arm signal. Other than that, I don't. Too many sensitive drivers get the wrong idea. I can't give a crazy person an excuse to cut me off and brake check.
True!

Latest posts

Top Bottom