LPKs What's the difference.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the quality of a DPMS LPK, but what other options are out there and who actually makes the various kits?

Stag's LPK looks to be more expensive, as do LMTs - is there any quality difference?

I've installed a Spikes kit and a RRA kit and honestly couldn't tell the difference (aside from pins and springs, there's only the A2 grip and trigger components).

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're most likely not going to be able to see or feel the difference from LPK to LPK. If the AR is going to be a casual shooter or light use SD carbine, you'll likely never experience any issues either.

But LPK's from places like Colt, LMT, DD and BCM are going to be the real deal. If you're going to use your AR hard, it's worth the extra $$$ to get that level of confidence that your parts aren't going to let you down when it counts.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're most likely not going to be able to see or feel the difference from LPK to LPK. If the AR is going to be a casual shooter or light use SD carbine, you'll likely never experience any issues either.

But LPK's from places like Colt, LMT, DD and BCM are going to be the real deal. If you're going to use your AR hard, it's worth the extra $$$ to get that level of confidence that your parts aren't going to let you down when it counts.

I agree, but I would add Stag to your list.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well - this is probably a concern then - I'm planning on doing a couple of classes with this one and possibly going up to some of the carbine or 3-gun shoots (time permitting) and I'm also not 100% sure that I'm going to keep this Noveske lower (I sort of want to get a Seekins billet lower and/or possibly go fuss with LaRue to see about getting a Stealth Lower) but I'm not sure if either will ultimately be the route that I'll end up going.

I don't know if Noveske even makes a parts kit (I can't seem to find one) but I don't want to put something in it that will take away from its value/reliability if I want to keep it or sell it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that short of the lower itself, your LPK is the least likely failure point (except perhaps the springs), but it's been known to happen. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom