Marijuana users feel MORE pain:...cannabis lowers pain tolerance...users need more painkillers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drug, which is legal for medical use in the majority of US states, is mainly prescribed to ease pain. But this new research conducted in Colorado - which was the first state to legalize - suggests that short-term pain relief could weaken the body's resilience to pain over time. The researchers, from the Swedish Medical Center, Colorado, analyzed around 260 people who were involved in minor vehicle accidents and admitted to trauma centers. Of these, 54 tested positive for recent marijuana use while 16 claimed they used the drug more or less every day.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL..... basically 16 people described a .7 differential on a 1 to 10 pain scale. No true measurement of any kind. Fawking stop the presses boys!!
@OKC03Cobra clearly has a solid understanding of statistics and relevant sample sizes. A (very) brief primer for the rest of us who lack his advanced understanding: https://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

He also has a deep understanding of the definitions used for things like "minor motor vehicle accident" (that's going to matter), and has a solid understanding of confounding variables, which include--but are not limited to--the specific injuries incurred by each patient and pre-existing conditions (and if somebody is using marijuana "daily or almost daily" for pain relief, it's pretty much a given that there are pre-existing conditions). Consider @Annie--who often talks of her back problems--and me--relatively healthy--getting into exactly the same accident. Do you think, just maybe, we'll have different levels of pain after the accident?

And, of course, he didn't depend upon the news story (written by people who probably lack a good understanding of statistics or medicine); he went and verified it by reading the original research paper, verifying that the researchers used proper methods, etc. We often point out how wrong the media gets things, so he went and verified up the chain to make sure there were no errors along the way.

We get it, Snake: you hates you some debbil weed, and you're willing to use deadly force to impose your hatred on others. No need to keep repeating yourself.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a Colorado and medical professional. The same thing got passed on Colorado, but your "medicine" wasn't distributed by a medical pharmacist out of a pharmacy, it was given to you by a tie dye wearing, high as *uck, no medical knowledge 20 year old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that is in his mid 60’s and he has a disease that I can’t pronounce. It causes him extreme pain and he take some super strong pain pills for it. He told me they don’t hardly do anything for it and he can’t sleep at night because of the pain. A friend of his suggested him smoking weed to help him. He was desperate so he tried it. He told me that within a few minutes he felt so much better and was finally able to get a good nights sleep. Sounds to me like it works. He isn’t the type to complain about pain either. So if he says it’s bad then it is.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a Colorado and medical professional. The same thing got passed on Colorado, but your "medicine" wasn't distributed by a medical pharmacist out of a pharmacy, it was given to you by a tie dye wearing, high as *uck, no medical knowledge 20 year old.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, what medical knowledge do you need to grow a plant? He isn't cutting ingredients, mixing them together and pressing them into a pill or putting them in a gel capsule. You completely miss the point. Marijuana is effective without any tampering by mankind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom