May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how you feel about apartment complexes ... Lol

Btw, I was a single mom with 3 kids, no child support, no help from family ... Just the mindset that someone telling me something "wasn't fair" (**** I can't even type that out with a straight face -- I'm laughing my ass off. You sound like my oldest kid -- give me, give me, give me, it ain't my fault, it ain't fair, I didn't ask to be born, YOU owe me ... 🙄) or I couldn't do it because I didn't have a man to help me blah blah blah ...

I took care of my responsibilities, worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time and saved and bought my own house 25 years ago. ALL by myself. No man (or Mommy or Daddy) needed. Just a little hard work and determination.

You "kids" are headed for a much rougher time than you are experiencing now (we ALL are, I believe) and all your whining about what's fair and what's not is not gonna do you or your family a damn bit of good. Grow a pair, pick the gravel outta your butt, pull your big boy pants on and get busy. Yes, yes I know ... You don't like "the man" ... Well until you are rich and powerful enough to change the system (and then you won't want to -- except to tip it more in your favor. Power does that "sometimes") you are just gonna have to work within it. Trust me when I tell you it can (and probably will) get worse before it gets better ...

Or ... You can continue to pay that $500/month water bill and ***** about it on OSA ... And whine about how unfair life is now that Mommy has FINALLY kicked you out of HER basement ... 🤷

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody set me straight if I have this wrong but I heard that rental income does not count against you when you start taking social security. I just heard that a few years ago and, if it’s true, we’ll I screwed up. I should have kept my last two houses. One of which was paid for and the rent would have made the mortgage at the new house. I’ve has opportunities to buy several others that would have been good investments. My wife always said she didn’t want to be a landlord. I went with her wishes. I would have them all listed with property management companies which is a whole other industry that creates lots of jobs for tradesman.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No. You want what's best for you and you're trying to justify it with perceived patriotism.

The irony is that you support said land owners that you loathe. You have no conviction, which is a trend.
i support land owners? chinese pot farms? everyone complaining about that?

so if china wants to buy all of oklahoma and charge you guys rent, that's cool?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how you feel about apartment complexes ... Lol

Btw, I was a single mom with 3 kids, no child support, no help from family ... Just the mindset that someone telling me something "wasn't fair" (**** I can't even type that out with a straight face -- I'm laughing my ass off. You sound like my oldest kid -- give me, give me, give me, it ain't my fault, it ain't fair, I didn't ask to be born, YOU owe me ... 🙄) or I couldn't do it because I didn't have a man to help me blah blah blah ...

I took care of my responsibilities, worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time and saved and bought my own house 25 years ago. ALL by myself. No man (or Mommy or Daddy) needed. Just a little hard work and determination.

You "kids" are headed for a much rougher time than you are experiencing now (we ALL are, I believe) and all your whining about what's fair and what's not is not gonna do you or your family a damn bit of good. Grow a pair, pick the gravel outta your butt, pull your big boy pants on and get busy. Yes, yes I know ... You don't like "the man" ... Well until you are rich and powerful enough to change the system (and then you won't want to -- except to tip it more in your favor. Power does that "sometimes") you are just gonna have to work within it. Trust me when I tell you it can (and probably will) get worse before it gets better ...

Or ... You can continue to pay that $500/month water bill and ***** about it on OSA ... And whine about how unfair life is now that Mommy has FINALLY kicked you out of HER basement ... 🤷
the country you bought a house in 25 years ago does not exist.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i'm younger than almost most people on this board.

i'm older than credit scores.
you guys ruined everything.

it's okay.
just admit it.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no because those things are. not. essential.
That’s not really true. In many situations they are essential. If you need to use them and can’t buy them for yourself.

I guess I’m just not following how things could work in your ideal world. No one owns anything by any definition of the word? I really don’t understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom