May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about me wanting a late fee?

I am just stating his landlord should like it when he gets paid more.
Maybe the OP does not pay a late fee if he is late.

Now I will ramble on about me collecting a late fee.
First time and second time the renter is late I collect the late fee.

UNLESS there is a legit reason.
I have had some change banks and the money had a 3 day hold and caused them to be late.
I get that and I did not charge them a late fee.

There have been dozens of times a renter had a good reason and if they contact me before rent is due and tell me the reason I do not charge a late fee.

Now the first 2 times as a new renter I charge it just to let them realize this 10% thing can and will happen so get your ducks in a row.

Current renter in Moore has been taking care of his dying mother and is very short on funds.
I have not charged him a late fee because of that.
I know it is hard and his funds are all messed up and must wait until his check on the 15th comes in.

Came across different. My bad.

Needless to say I have landlords like ole grizz and not a huge fan of landlords right now. Never had one that was worth a ****.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came across different. My bad.

Needless to say I have landlords like ole grizz and not a huge fan of landlords right now. Never had one that was worth a ****.
I hear ya.
Most are chumps.
But I have had renters buy new cars they did not need and get dogs that were not to be any pets on premises and not pay me rent on time.
Yea I will enjoy the extra money.
I always let the pets stay but they had to pay a deposit.

Regretted 80% of letting pets stay though.
They destroy all kinds of things and I am out a month of rent while I fix things after they move out and a few Franklins in repairs.

My Moore renter has a dog and it is awesome and yard and house stay tip top.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The laws in Oklahoma.
https://ipropertymanagement.com/laws/warranty-of-habitability-oklahoma
Looks like he does not have to repair the leak unless it makes the house not safe to live in like sanitary etc.
Sounds like the leak is under the house.
He can give you an eviction notice but it must be based on non payment or you doing something to break the lease.

If you do make him serve you he can get a sheriff to evict you after so many days and you can only take what you can carry or what is on you at the time and all your other stuff is probably going to be taken/ lost.

He can also report you to the 3 credit bureaus and make your life suck and report you to "dead beat renters"
Makes it hard to rent again.

He sounds like a chump.
I like to have my rental houses in tip top shape and keep them like that.
I beg to differ with you on this, the term "good repair" covers the leak, now if it was a small leak costing him only $5-$10 more dollars a month, that might get by, however if he has proof that his bill has increased by hundreds of dollars, that would constitute poor repair. I own rental properties as well.
But I am curious as to are there any wet spots around the foundation?

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya.
Most are chumps.
But I have had renters buy new cars they did not need and get dogs that were not to be any pets on premises and not pay me rent on time.
Yea I will enjoy the extra money.
I always let the pets stay but they had to pay a deposit.

Regretted 80% of letting pets stay though.
They destroy all kinds of things and I am out a month of rent while I fix things after they move out and a few Franklins in repairs.

My Moore renter has a dog and it is awesome and yard and house stay tip top.

I got tons of **** I don't need, lol. Still pay my bills though. Why I get so frustrated with the landlord, like, damn, I do my job, you do yours.

Anyone renting out by McLoud/Dale? lol

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quess im lucky if i see something wrong and i can fix it i get it fixed quickly notify the landlord and he has me to deduct the cost of parts and figure my labor in and deduct from the next months rent if it something i cant or havent the time he has someone out that day or the next to get it fixed. I have fixed many things like a light switch or plug and never say a word about it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I would say to fight it, with a landlord like that, it might be best to find a new one. I would report him and all of that. But even if you win legally, do you really win?
If there are damages suffered by the renter.... But he'd have to prove damages.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It’s impressive how rude that guy is saying you have one landlord and he has many of you. Can’t believe he would say that to a tenant. Won’t look good if things go sideways.
right?! it's like.....$*!& man hire a @*!&ing crew?! get some !&$&ing employees if you can't manage?! that's what i do!

and all i've done is pay for a house that isn't mine and ask for a %@&!ing leak that is costing me hundreds of dollars a month!?

like i've talked to the water people and they are like "yeah you clearly have a LARGE leak, once you get a plumber out, send us the invoice and we will comp some of the bill" BUT HE WON'T FRIGGIN SEND OUT A PLUMBER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom