May need a place to stay; Landlord threatening eviction for asking for repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rescinded. You've made it clear you're a 'problem renter'. Landlords always evict problem renters quickly if they can. It's not them, it's you.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't notify the Landlord by certified mail and keep a copy it don't mean anything.
Read the Landlord tenant act. it tells what and how it must be properly done.
I got a dozen and they all tell me the problems, Albeit six months after the fact usually.
I personally collect the rent each month and ask if anything needs repaired.

Why is it they always wait until 7pm on Friday of a holiday weekend to report the problem even though it's been going on a while????

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Came across different. My bad.

Needless to say I have landlords like ole grizz and not a huge fan of landlords right now. Never had one that was worth a ****.
That’s why folks shouldn’t rent. Buy a home and put money into your own pocket. The number one way to build wealth is owning your own home. I get everyone’s situation is different, but renting should always be a temporary situation, not a long term one.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a slum land lord I know, guys a real douche. I heard him on the phone talking to one of his renters, in winter, with below freezing temps, his side of the conversation is all I heard, but his comment, I dont care if your heat is not working thats your problem not mine and he hung up the phone after he said that. Then he said renters, let them move I will slap some paint on it and rent it out again.

I truly dislike people like him.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood landlords that don't mind if their properties are destroyed by leaks or other issues. I would get mad if my tenants DIDN'T tell me about a problem. It is my house. I want to fix stuff before it becomes a bigger problem.

I have kind of the same situation as our plumbing is messed up. Brought it up to the management company. Started talking to my neighbor about it and he said yeah its been messed up for 15 years. Instead of fixing it they sell it and the whole process starts again.

GIJROB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I ran it the same problem just before I bought my over priced wreck of a house. The rental had black mold and flooding. When I moved out they sent me a letter saying I owed them something like 800 dollar over the deposit. I asked about those issues he never responded. Not saying he won't report it but I don't give two *****. Being stuck in that situation sucks, like most of guys said you won't win the fight without it costing a lot cash and time.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel for renters and prospective home buyer. I predict that with rising interest rates and people purchasing homes they won’t be able to afford after this recession kicks in full blast, there may be some foreclosures coming. I’m also hearing rumbles of there being to many houses on the market in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom