Meddling old people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who pulls up advertising signs from the public right-of-way is doing The Lord's Work.

Seriously, it costs local governments a lot to keep those things picked up. Wire sign holders can damage mowing equipment, and are a real hazard if they get flung at passing cars or pedestrians. We're all paying more in taxes because of fly-by-night businesses that are too cheap or shady to engage in legitimate means of advertising.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
put em up on any my property and I will pull em up again.
And I have had signs placed on my property without specific permission.
Most aegragious was last october on my 500" frontage on Triple X. Farm land but some bloke put six Obama signs on MY property so I took em down.
Next day they were back up so I took em down again and then hung around that evening when that person came back again.
He proceeded to tell me that that was road right of way and he had a Right to do that.
I splaned to him I would kick his ass right then and there if he didnt leave................

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this may seem petty but three times this week I have seen old people stopping and picking up signs along the sides of the roads. Theses are the small ones that look like political signs but advertising tree services, or fence repair, etc.

Now whether or not you like those signs, this is starting to bug me:

1. These people did pay for the signs, someone else did - so they are basically stealing.
2. The people who placed the signs are at least trying to work which helps our economy and these people, while enjoying the benefits of our economy such as getting their social security and medicare, want to curtail the business that funds their life.
3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

These people need to mind their own business and not worry about things that don't effect their life one bit.

I took the time to read this entire thread and just keep coming to the same conclusion. You can't possibly be serious with this? I think we're being trolled.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also going to plaster my bumper with as many AAA stickers as possible and stick some boxes of Kleenex on the rear dash. I'm really looking forward to the havoc I can create.

LOL, I like that. Don't forget the compass in a bubble on a suction cup by the rear view mirror. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom