Meddling old people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. These people did pay for the signs, someone else did - so they are basically stealing.
2. The people who placed the signs are at least trying to work which helps our economy and these people, while enjoying the benefits of our economy such as getting their social security and medicare, want to curtail the business that funds their life.
3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

I consider them to be in the same category as the fliers people stick under the windshield wiper blades of cars. Most cities have ordinances against both road signage and fliers. Code Enforcement is the people that deal with and for the record...I confront people placing fliers under my windshield wipers or on my business property and I pick up signage place on the roadway around my business or home.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For political signs I much prefer they use half sheets of plywood for signs and T posts. It saves me $7.50 for 2 posts and $12 for for the plywood. The best thing I do for the garage sale signs that show up in my corner yard is post an ad in the weekly free shopper paper for good clean furniture and fridge for sale cheap at there address. Work till 7 p.m. please stop by to see. Must see to appreciate.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was an old Telephone pole in Duncan at 10th and Elder. I swear that pole had a million nails and staples in it.
Well...
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized said:
It is unlawful to attach or insert any object with nails or tacks upon poles erected for the support of electric, telephone, utility or power lines; provided, however, the provisions of this act shall not interfere with the inherent rights of the owner.
... and pole climbers (what few there are still around) still hate 'em, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom