Men's wedding rings?...whatcha wearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what alloys they use but pure Tungsten is extremely brittle/fragile.

It's my understanding that really pure tungsten is harder than steel and still malleable. It's with impurities that it becomes brittle. And tungsten carbide is always brittle as hell.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my understanding that really pure tungsten is harder than steel and still malleable. It's with impurities that it becomes brittle. And tungsten carbide is always brittle as hell.

Brittle as hell is true, but this is important. Tungsten can NOT be cut. If you injure your hand and it swells, you will NOT be able to cut the ring off. This is unlike gold or other "soft" metals. However, Tungsten can be crushed and caused to shatter. This is important because in the above case, you can take pliers and apply pressure and cause it to shatter to get the ring off in emergencies.

Also, the ring doesn't scratch which is a bonus for me.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I w3as married we looked at some of the Tungsten and Titanium stuff and they are certainly very nice looking but I honestly couldn't see the justification in paying precious metal prices for something that isn't.
I'm not sure exactly what alloys they use but pure Tungsten is extremely brittle/fragile.

At any rate....
There is only one gal who could ever get another ring on my finger and she won't have anything to do with me....so I think it's safe to say I shall remain in the "ring free" category indefinitely.

You need a hug.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tungsten Carbide. Only thing with this metal is, it can't be re-sized. However, it was bought at Zales and they offer a lifetime size exchange for an additional $50. This one to be exact:

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_pZALE1_5411964t400.jpg

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Custom platinum that my wife had done up. Pretty intricate with a braided platinum pipe down the middle. I didn't care what I got, but I get a lot of compliments.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After my recent weight loss I had to get a new ring or keep putting masking tape on my old one.

We went to a local place : Spexton Jewelry.
http://www.spexton.com/

they did a great job - pick the kind of style you want and 2 weeks later they give you a call.

i1197.photobucket.com_albums_aa434_bulbboy_05b94b16.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom