Money, money, money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CD that I've used as collateral since 2002. Does it make money, not really. I'm able to borrow against it for 1% above what the CD draws in interest. I've bought motorcycles, vehicles, land, horse trailers, tractors all using it as collateral. If I was smart I could probably invest that money in something else for a bigger gain but years ago I had a short experience with the stock market & loosing my arse, I stick with a sure thing.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the risk free rate of return will be treasuries. banks will issue you a cd and buy treasuries to cover or loan out. the treasury rate i think is about 5 percent on a two year. the reason banks are failing is because the depositor is figuring this out and moving their capitol into an environment that will give a return. when the bank gives you your money they have to sell assets at a loss right now to cover the other 10 dollars they loaned out to every dollar you take out. the treasury is inverted right now and will probably correct some time??? this condition always always preceeds a recession. so get ready.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Current treasury rates and climbing. Especially after the stellar jobs report last week. If the fed can’t stop job growth and kill a bunch of jobs, rates will continue to climb. The .gov wants job losses to cool inflation.

IMG_7306.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom