Money, money, money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all
It’s online
Synchrony bank
I was using synchrony for a while, then found Vio bank. A subsidiary of Midfirst, an Oklahoma bank.
Then moved a lot from Vio to Fidelity to buy treasuries on the secondary market. This makes the treasury very liquid.

IMG_7307.png

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All America bank, in Mustang. They pay over 5% on checking, Nice people too. Check their web site.
They have a branch a few miles from me, and I bank with them as well. Got a couple of free Redneck Bank hats a few days ago. That’s the online bank name for All American. There good folks to deal with.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Current treasury rates and climbing. Especially after the stellar jobs report last week. If the fed can’t stop job growth and kill a bunch of jobs, rates will continue to climb. The .gov wants job losses to cool inflation.

View attachment 374090
I have thought for some time the reason Joe wants the border wide open is to hold back inflation.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Letting people in and giving them a bunch of benefits only produces inflation. They are handing out free money to these law breakers.
Well my thought was along the same lines as your other post. By keeping the border open, more workers come in and it's simply a supply and demand situation, too many workers not enough jobs, wages go down, then the cost of everything else goes down, slowing inflation.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen, I'm not a financial guru, this is just a heads up. If you have some money just laying around look into getting it into some CD's. Right now the best CD's seem to be 12 month, paying 5% or more, but you can get a cd at 4% for 36 months. Meaning interest rates look like they will hold at 4-5% for awhile, this is pretty good, and I think we are in a window of opportunity right now. When we get into fall and winter interest rates might go down, and this opportunity will be gone. I'm just saying it's time to start paying attention.
Just did that 2 mo. Ago. Got 4 something on 35 month cds

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you must claim gain on your taxes from that interest gain.
Don't we get taxed at about 30%.

Is there really a gain worth going for?

If you owe money on a car or house pay that off before going into a CD or something.

Just my thinking.
So I’ve got a1.7%rate with 9 months left and I need to pay that off? Not on our life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom