Money, money, money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Currency "held" by a financial institution is not yours at best, in reality it is straight up fictitious. Your (Peter) "money" is used for other's (Paul) withdrawals. If it was really ours, everyone could withdraw simultaneously physical notes.

Heck if you try to take out more than $1000 these days they shake in their boots.
That’s what a savings account is for Not like buying cds. Mid 70s so no more stocks and such

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve got a1.7%rate with 9 months left and I need to pay that off? Not on our life.
So what I would like to see on that is how much goes towards principal and how much to interest each month.
Seriously i would like to see the numbers I have not seen those at 1.7% and just curious.

Any interest I pay on something is too much in my book.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what I would like to see on that is how much goes towards principal and how much to interest each month.
Seriously i would like to see the numbers I have not seen those at 1.7% and just curious.

Any interest I pay on something is too much in my book.
3 yr/ 36 month financing on my USED Acura MDX. Through TD Ameritrade auto financing. My credit score is over 820. It pays to have good credit.only financed 7000$

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 yr/ 36 month financing on my USED Acura MDX. Through TD Ameritrade auto financing. My credit score is over 820. It pays to have good credit.only financed 7000$
Does this suffice regarding th apr. If it doesn’t well guess that’s u r problem. I’m sure the Acura dealer does this often or DID over 2 yrs ago.

Oh and it’s a GREAT car too😁😁😁😁😁

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are the numbers?
Some gets compounded monthly.
I like numbers.

Luckily I have only ever had to finance houses but I paid them off QUICK.
5 years on the first and 25 months on the second and 5 years on the third loan for a house.
My most expensive car purchase was my 1995 corolla in the year 2000 for $6000.
Cash.
I will never pay that much ever again for a vehicle.
I am odd ball out though No cell phone and do not have any desire to get one.

The old cars I build I have never had more than $4,500 in any of them and that is keeping every single receipt until it gets put on the road with insurance and current tag.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never paid interest. And when you’re old and have enough to live on in a normal life span plus 5 yrs.

CDs are safe for elderly.
No interest paid by us for around 20+ years. CC paid off monthly, home paid off 20 some years ago.
Electric bill is all we have with total electric at the home.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CDs are generally the worst investment you can make. They're designed to let the banks hold and use your money under contract and make the elderly feel good about getting a defined return with almost zero risk.
I'm not saying it's never a good idea, but it's rare.
Still, it's good to let others know that the higher rates we're seeing on everything are trickling down to savers.
Any investment made must exceed the inflation rate or it's a donation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom