Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to go out tonight after work, but the knee was hurting too bad. Just came home and got into the recliner.

Do you have one of those weather detecting knees? Ever since a recent knee surgery, it can predict a weather change within 24 hours. I noticed it feeling a little tight this evening and I decided not to go out on my evening hike. Sure enough, checked the forecast and rain coming in tomorrow evening.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I will be at Sasakwa the first week of April! :thumbup3:

I grew up 3 miles west of Sasakwa and 2 miles south. Went to school at Culley. We would always just find access to the river and look under all the cedars. The places where the cedars were really thick seemed to be the best..Good luck...

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never hunted and really want to learn. My grandfather used to go up north of Ponca to Uncas but I never learned from him. My biggest fear is picking something bad. Suggestions on what to avoid?

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
wow been hunting morels all my life never knew there was such a thing called a false morel have never seen one,thank you for sharing that info okie 4570,has anybody else seen any false morels in oklahoma??

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We have some that come up in our yard every year, but it's always way after the yellows are up, maybe they need warmer temps. I've never seen any while hunting for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With soil temps as cold as they are right now I cannot imagine something coming up in NW Ok, especially with 4 straight nights well below freezing and highs in the 30's and 40's.

Exactly. Cold rains and the possibility of snow from I40 and north of there will take ground temps back quite aways. I just checked ground temps today. No way anything is coming up around here.

image-4172322764.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom