MY NEWest PROJECT ALMOST complete!! (at home pistol range)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is what i was going to do

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=320694

but after a lot of reading and finding out as much as possible this is a HORRIBLE idea i did it on a small scale and 9mm FMJ will come back to you in solid form if you hit one of these ties. and supposidly after you get alot of high power rounds stuck in the wood you start getting the return fire as well. thats when the sand in front and at angles started to come around. i spoke to alot of people military, and avid shooters and this is what we came up with.

needs a some grass around it now, and a $595 carport for shade to shoot under with a nice picnic table and it would be on!

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome. If you need anyone to test it out let me know!

Any built in drainage for rain? Looks like it would collect water. Not ragging on ya, just helpin out in case since it looks like it would pool up based on the pics.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is very cool. I'd love to have a range like that in my backyard, but since I live in town, probably wouldn't go over with the neighbors or police.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts from one that wishes that I had a range like that-

-What's beyond your backstop? Waaaaaay beyond, like calculate the max range of anything you might ever shoot and factor in the chances of a friend or kid shooting over the berm. Don't want to drop rounds into a day care center or propane storage tank.
-Erosion control. Grass would help a bunch, but as mentioned above, terrain work and a drainage plan will prevent future headaches and muddy feet.
-Concrete pad and concrete tables for shooting and range side reloading?

Have a great time enjoying your range. You'll be making monthly trips to Gene Sears supply now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom