NCAA Claims minorities aren't smart enough...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd be cool to have some black leaders say "we oppose this elimination of standards, and realize that it's an insult to blacks to assume they can't compete with the rest of the population academically".

I'll be expecting something like that real soon....lol
Thomas Sowell says tests aren't unfair; life is unfair, and tests reflect that. Is that close enough?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think It’s a lot harder to be a straight A student if your mom works three jobs and your dad is in prison, than if you lived in Oak tree in Edmond where you scoot over to your girlfriends House on a golf cart. And the title of this thread is very disingenuous and fairly offensive

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d think It’s a lot harder to be a straight A student if your mom works three jobs and your dad is in prison, than if you lived in Oak tree in Edmond where you scoot over to your girlfriends House on a golf cart. And the title of this thread is very disingenuous and fairly offensive
So if we stereotype them like you, and assume that the minority families are fatherless and poor, is the solution to just lower the bar for them?

Do you not think that is devastating to self esteem?

We say, bless your heart, you just can't reach the same standards of others, we'll just lower the bar for you.

I see this as a nasty kind of racism.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if we stereotype them like you, and assume that the minority families are fatherless and poor, is the solution to just lower the bar for them?

Do you not think that is devastating to self esteem?

We say, bless your heart, you just can't reach the same standards of others, we'll just lower the bar for you.

I see this as a nasty kind of racism.
My comment was only to refute the title of this thread. I haven’t a clue what the answer is. It’s obvious that lowering the bar as you say, is useless and counterproductive

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the standard straight A’s?
lol, no.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

How so? How should it read?

Latest posts

Top Bottom