NCAA Claims minorities aren't smart enough...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don’t have to be smart to run fast, jump high, etc. About time they just stop the whole pretense of “student athlete” In football and basketball. That hasn’t been a thing in the major college sports in the big schools in half a century or so. I had friends on major college bball teams 30 years ago just to raise the teams gpa and graduation rate.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True history isn't taught anywhere -
Well, not exactly, cj. True history is certainly taught in my homeschooling of my granddaughters! And in several other homeschools in our neighborhood, that I'm personally familiar with. But if you mean that real history is not taught in the majority of 'public schools' nationwide, I do agree!

Kenneth Braud

Marksman
Reaction score
All universities (public) will remove requirements for ALL students. NCAA is just following the lead. I suppose the military academies who still have standards will be the only TRUE 'COLLEGE' sports teams... BTW, those are the only games I watch religiously on my TV. I'm not into minor league NFL anymore either. It's not a racial thing, it's a WOKE thing... life is too difficult if you have standards to meet and it's unfair to those too lazy or ignorant who don't want to compete with those who WANT to succeed and WORK for/EARN what they get. It will come to a head real soon.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure it is, just not in most public schools.
I'm a skeptic; most history books that appear to be at all unbiased (as regards WWII, anyway) were written by British authors. Anything written by the Americans and Russians are typically just warmed over 1940s propaganda, as far as I can see. That period of history is way too complicated to just relegate it to the Holocaust. Took 60 years to get one memorial to the Bataan Death March - which happened to U.S. servicemen; Google shows 16 Holocaust museums stateside - an event that didn't even happen here, or to Americans. Think your average 14 year old has even heard of the Bataan Death March? How about the Holocaust?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a skeptic; most history books that appear to be at all unbiased (as regards WWII, anyway) were written by British authors. Anything written by the Americans and Russians are typically just warmed over 1940s propaganda, as far as I can see. That period of history is way too complicated to just relegate it to the Holocaust. Took 60 years to get one memorial to the Bataan Death March - which happened to U.S. servicemen; Google shows 16 Holocaust museums stateside - an event that didn't even happen here, or to Americans. Think your average 14 year old has even heard of the Bataan Death March? How about the Holocaust?
My grandpa may have disagreed. While he wasn’t in a concentration camp, he was one of the first in after they were liberated. He wold just start crying and refuse to even talk about it 55 years later. Only time I saw that man cry. It profoundly affected him.

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a friend here in OKC, that was in a camp. She was a teenager and her family sent her to her grandmother's home for safety, but a few months before liberation they were rounded up and put in one of the camps. She doesn't like to talk about it much, so we haven't asked any questions. A very nice lady, widowed a few years ago, but has become a full-fledged Okie!

Latest posts

Top Bottom