Need prayers from Christ Followers! Divorce pending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I request those who believe in the power of prayer to lift a couple up for me.
Just now going through initial pains of being told my spouse is leaving.
I look around and see so many people going through tough times and realize I have a pretty nice, easy life compared to so many.
However, this hurts just the same. I know I can't control her and make her do what she doesn't want to do, I can only try to deal with myself.
Knowing there are others who lifting us up helps.
Thanks

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ouch. Way sorry to hear this. I have that t-shirt. It's no fun.

I can tell you there will be dark days ahead, but you will make it through this. Let God carry you through this using your family and friends.

I was married three years the first time, and we lived apart longer than we lived together. Have a son from that marriage, and he turned out pretty well. Then I met a wonderful Godly woman, and we've been married 18 years this July, and have 7 kids. You will make it through this. Focus on "through." That's the best word in the 23 Psalm. God doesn't promise it won't hurt, but He does promise that you'll get through.

Grief and anger are normal things to deal with here too, and they don't make you any less of a man.

Praying you through this...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother. :comfort:

I myself faced divorce about 7 years ago. Luckily, Mrs GED was stronger in her faith than I was at the time and we survived because of prayer. I prayed that the Lord would help me with my demons at the time (infidelity, drinking, smoking, etc) and He did. All you can do is pray. You know the old saying about a horse and water.

Just pray.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hope this all works out. Ive been there done that. As said there will be some rough times ahead but it gets better. Thoughts and prayers. Ive got the best wife in the world swcond time around.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent.

I know you're in Edmond, but my church, Destiny Church in Broken Arrow, offers a Divorce Care class each Tuesday night. Here's a link. http://destinychurch.com/events.htm

The next class begins Tuesday, May 1 and concludes mid-July. I know it would be a long round trip from Edmond, but it would be worth it.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that, and it is not an easy thing. Especially if you have children. Will be praying for you and I promise, things will get hard. But it will also pass and things will get better. If you are looking for a church, hit up LifeChurch.tv and get involved in a life group. You wont regret it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom