Neighbor issues.. my lawn is not a toilet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely. Significant reduction since the sign. I think that most of the neighbors with dogs were "shamed" away from the lawn. Plus, I noticed that the major offenders started carrying plastic bags and gloves.

Had a guy down the street do the same thing, but he hand lettered his sign on a piece of wood and put up a bunch of Walmart sacks. Neighbors loved that one too.

Dave

romeo212000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Please provide us with an update in the near future on this. I want to see how this plays out with your lovely neighbors. Can't stand people like that. I moved out to my house here in Newcastle about a year ago and maintain a kennel of purebred German Shorthairs that I breed, hunt, and compete with. Therefore my females aren't fixed. I keep them safely kenneled on my property though. Some neighbors up the street have like 4 dogs they just let run around. 2 stay in the yard, but two kept coming over to my property. When two of my females came in heat the male started coming over more and I ran him off twice. I politely advised my neighbor that can't be dealing with mutt puppies. Especially when my females are secured in kennels on my property. Told him I had run his male off twice, but my patience was wearing out and if he tried to get in to breed them I would take care of the problem. Males will do impressive things to breed a female in heat. I haven't seen that dog since.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely. Significant reduction since the sign. I think that most of the neighbors with dogs were "shamed" away from the lawn. Plus, I noticed that the major offenders started carrying plastic bags and gloves.

Had a guy down the street do the same thing, but he hand lettered his sign on a piece of wood and put up a bunch of Walmart sacks. Neighbors loved that one too.

Dave

Dave-

Thanks. That is reassuring to know. Where did you get the sign?

:thanku:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been interesting to read all the comments about this topic. I'm guessing the OP lives on a smaller tract where it's obvious when a dog has "pinched a loaf" (never heard that term before, and I had to chuckle). When I used to live on a 1/4-acre tract, I'd notice the piles of poop when I was outside in the yard, and it would get annoying at times. Since I moved to a new place on several acres on the edge of town, the issue has become pretty much a minor one even though my neighbor's two dogs wander across my yard almost on a daily basis. Since they're not aggressive toward my own dogs, I could care less. With deer, coyotes, raccoons, possums, and who knows what else pooping in the yard as they please, a couple more piles isn't going to make much difference.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the yard sign idea. But I like the messy hand made idea better. The more obnoxious the better. It has more potential for grabbing the attention of the whole neighborhood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom