New State Logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a logo and a phrase. It’s of zero value. It’s just feel good crap. I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons to hire a marketing professional for developing something catchy to bring folks in the door but a state logo and a two word phrase will realize zero return for the investment. Aside from possibly making residents buy new crap as mentioned above. So, if they wanna waste money I think they should waste it in the state.
Really?? LOL

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a logo and a phrase. It’s of zero value. It’s just feel good crap. I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons to hire a marketing professional for developing something catchy to bring folks in the door but a state logo and a two word phrase will realize zero return for the investment. Aside from possibly making residents buy new crap as mentioned above. So, if they wanna waste money I think they should waste it in the state.
https://99designs.com/blog/tips/logo-importance/

I'll bet a dog turd to a doughnut (you hold the stakes in yer mouth) your cattle all wear a brand. Is it just a feel good thing yall do? LOL

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want more? The wife was reading something the other day. Do you remember the big "to-do" when the state decided to "consolidate" the IT departments of all the state agencies? Do you remember that they even built a whole new building on North Lincoln to house everything?

Well, now the legislature is supposedly considering "farming out" the IT work to an outside company.

KFOR News - Oklahoma Government IT Jobs Headed to Overseas Owned Company

"OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) - The state's IT department is outsourcing jobs to a company owned in the Far East.

"The bottom line is we are looking at efficiencies, improving efficiencies for state employees," said Jake Lowrey of the Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services.

According to Senate Bill 583, the state's IT department has to be more efficient. The law that took effect in November requires OMES to look for better ways to do the job of maintaining desktop computers for state agencies. OMES says they put out bids and have hired NTT Data to manage.

"People that bring your computer out, set it up, get it running for you," said Lowrey.

Last Friday, an email went out to OMES employees, saying the transition to NTT Data would be complete per the legislation by July 2020.

Reportedly 105 jobs will be affected. Forty-seven current OMES employees will be hired by NTT Data as written in the contract. As for the remaining 58...

"Every effort will be made to place those employees within OMES or other state agencies. This is not by any stretch of the imagination a massive layoff we are just looking at efficiencies as required by the legislation," Lowrey said.

We wanted to know if this outsourcing was part of the governor's plan to make state government more efficient.

"No, whatever efficiencies they have planned is separate from this," Lowery said.

The contracted five years is worth $8.7 million in the first year-and-a-half alone. NTT Data has clients all over the world. They have U.S. offices in Plano, Texas, and operate it for state agencies across the country. But they are owned by Nippon Telegraph and Telephone based in Japan and partially owned by the Japanese government.

"They have companies here in the United States as part of their outfit. We are not actually contracting with Japan," Lowery said."

OK, did a little asking around and it's going to be sourced from the office here in OKC.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only logo we need

1200px-University_of_Oklahoma_seal.svg.png

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard Matt Pinnell on the radio today and he stated that some of the signs at various border locations would be changed starting today.

"The Oklahoma logo is the single-most important visual element of our visual identity, and it functions as a powerful identifier of our state.

The design of our logo is based on shapes and colors embedded in our history. The form is inspired by our native heritage. It reflects earth, sky, water, agriculture and forest. These colors also speak to the seasons. A white star is a powerful symbol of America which is a part of our state seal and on the original flag of the state. Chevrons acknowledge our military. These elements form a circle and direct their energy inward, dramatizing Oklahoma as a hub at the center of America. This symbol invites everyone to join us here in an embracing community, to take in countless unexpected experiences and explore genuine opportunity.

The logo is used on external-facing communications, internal employee communications,
signage, and fleet."

I agree with some of the previous statements. I like the NEW LOGO a lot better than powder blue/white bird. Much rather have it on license plates especially when driving in other states.
The slogan???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Latest posts

Top Bottom