New Streaming Option For Cordcutters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you all convinced me... I just ordered a Channel Master recorder and Sling with free Roku Stick. When we moved up to the hill, I got a motorized amplified HD antenna and we currently get about 40-50 stations with the antenna pointed toward Tulsa. And the picture quality is better than we had with HD Cox or Direct TV. I have not tired moving the antenna in other directions yet but the one thing the wife does not like about OTA is not being able to record and no guide. Now for $25 a month we have all we are looking for. Thanks for the info OSA.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cutting the cord is a great thing. Sling TV and an Amazon Fire TV Stick plus a good in-attic antenna, and I get far more than I could ever get from any cable or direct tv or dish service. I can watch any movie, any tv show, and about any live sports show there is to watch. I have Sling Blue so we can stream different shows on up to 3 devices at once. I wish we had cut the cord long ago, but finally figured out how easy it is, and really, how inexpensive it can be. The Fire TV Stick is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dish announces AirTV

airtv_device.png

Get the live channels you love and the shows you can't miss. Watch Sling TV on AirTV Player, and enjoy live sports, shows, and movies with the simplicity of an app.

With the AirTV Player, cut the cord and keep the TV experience. You’ll have a single platform for watching Sling TV, Netflix, local channels, and more. Plus, one easy-to-use remote with voice support for your AirTV Player, local OTA channels, and sound system.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could find reliable & affordable Internet service so I can cut the cord.

We are on Atlas wireless for like $39.99 a month unlimited and have no problems with Netflix and Amazon, had to move up a click in speed from the old connection which took it to the present cost but was worth it. Might see if a wireless company serves your location.

I have a 5Gig data plan on my phone and have used it for a hot spot. Works well but doesn't take very many movies to eat up 5 gigs.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are on Atlas wireless for like $39.99 a month unlimited and have no problems with Netflix and Amazon, had to move up a click in speed from the old connection which took it to the present cost but was worth it. Might see if a wireless company serves your location.

I have a 5Gig data plan on my phone and have used it for a hot spot. Works well but doesn't take very many movies to eat up 5 gigs.

Thanks. Atlas coverage map show they don't go west far enough to service me. Atlink wireless in my area but the reviews are pretty mixed leaning toward not so good.

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Atlas coverage map show they don't go west far enough to service me. Atlink wireless in my area but the reviews are pretty mixed leaning toward not so good.
AtLink (@AtLink) is the worst service provider we have ever used. After months of poor and dead signal strength AtLink tried to fix it by adding a repeater tower, but that made it worse. It was the only service available in our area for awhile and everyone was forced to use it. As soon as another service became available everyone dumped AtLink.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad about AtLink, only trouble I ever have with Atlas is outages caused by lightning hitting the tower. In bad weather it can take several days before they can get it fixed. The few times that has happened I use my phone as a hot spot to get back on the internet, just have to watch the data usage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom