Official Bedlam Football Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I know thats what the rule states, but in my mind a TD catch in the end zone is defined as having controlled possession when his feet come down in bounds, at that point the play is dead and it's a TD. But by rule it's basically all of that AND maintaining control through the tackle or going down or throughout the act of going out of bounds, only then is the play over. It's as if the play is not over in the end zone until the player is down or out of bounds, again that's only in the end zone. The end zone seems to have different criteria than the field of play in certain instances. That's what I'm getting at, I'm probably explaining piss poorly.

I agree with you. I think that scoring a TD, catching the ball in the end zone, is considered "an act common to the game" which Gilbert didn't perform on the non-interception.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all so simple, as soon as Leland "Lee" Corso picked O State to win, I knew Ou was destine to win.
Works every time. Coral is almost wrong every time he pickes an Ou game.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ragging on Gundy is because when we clearly have the more talented team, we still can't come up with a bedlam win. Gundy has done a lot of good getting the program to a different level but he really needs to shake the bedlam monkey off his back. There is really no good reason that we should be losing to OU when we are the better team.

That sounds like the same deal when stoops can't finish a national championship game with a win. Substitute Stoops for Gundy in that statement, and you will hear the same thing that OU fans say.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possession has already been established in that case and the rule that says that the ball only has to penetrate the plane of the opponent's goal line for a touchdown.

If Green would have had more positional awareness, or made the realization that there was little he could do if his feet weren't already in the end zone, and concentrated on finishing the catch there would have been no question.

Did you watch the slo mo of that touchdown? The OSU player game up under the ball with both fists, knocking the ball out and rocking the OU players head back so hard, I'm surprised he didn't get an injury. Great play on the OSU defender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom