Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it is cold, icy and snowing; make STEW

0311221336.jpg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grandson Indigo shooting my Garand at age 9. Smith muzzle brake made recoil tolerable, he shot 5 clips off that pinion limb hitting an old freon tank at 100yds with most of his shots. He loved the clip ejection Ping with a huge grin and when he was done, "Grandpa, that is really cool"
View attachment 258325
I have kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, and believe the more things kids know how to do properly, and safely, the better off, and safer, they are! Guns, horses, motorcycles, swimming, or driving cars. etc. We all know kids will do these things when they are out of our sight, and they should be taught how!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cedar trees are like Democrats. Invasive and noxious, cause problems and tend to create wildfires that get out of control.
I'm always disturbed when seeing a native grass field with 3' eastern red cedars starting in it. The landowner could easily use a brush hog to mow them down and they won't grow back if cutting them down below the bottom limb.
I get it that it could be rocky ground and a tractor can't get in there, but when little, they are easy to eliminate. I've kept our pastures tree free by using shotguns to shoot them in half at ground level for many years while walking the fields for pheasant or quail.
One of our members and I used #2 lead shot to eliminate about 50 one day on one quarter. Push them over with the foot and blast away. Smaller shot works as well but I have a plethora of #2 lead shotshells.
We have eastern red cedar elimination written into our contracts for the person that leases our farm ground, but he seems to ignore it. His time may be limited......

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came across this BLAST FROM THE PAST (circa 1997) while looking for something... Getting ready to start my last shift at the sheriff's department after I got hired by a metro-Denver department. Just an adoring fan showing her appreciation! :) (Actually, she was a good friend...her husband took the picture.)

Sheriff 4.jpg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always disturbed when seeing a native grass field with 3' eastern red cedars starting in it. The landowner could easily use a brush hog to mow them down and they won't grow back if cutting them down below the bottom limb.
I get it that it could be rocky ground and a tractor can't get in there, but when little, they are easy to eliminate. I've kept our pastures tree free by using shotguns to shoot them in half at ground level for many years while walking the fields for pheasant or quail.
One of our members and I used #2 lead shot to eliminate about 50 one day on one quarter. Push them over with the foot and blast away. Smaller shot works as well but I have a plethora of #2 lead shotshells.
We have eastern red cedar elimination written into our contracts for the person that leases our farm ground, but he seems to ignore it. His time may be limited......
I understand ceder trees also use much more water than native trees, and can literaly starve other species of plant life out, if thick enough!

Latest posts

Top Bottom