OKC Mayor Signs Anti-Carry Petition!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have this week to get 60,000 votes and verify the signatures, will wait and see what happens .

Counting/verification of signatures occurs after the deadline for turn-in...and is done under the supervision of the Secretary of State.

They have until next Thursday and they simply have to get the required number of signatures in on time for the process to continue further. There are over 750K registered voters in Oklahoma and Tulsa counties alone and it edges close to a million if you count the other counties in those metro areas. If the majority of their effort is in those two areas it's not that big of a stretch.

The petition process also allows for protests to be filed. I wonder if OK2A or the ORA filed one?

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counting/verification of signatures occurs after the deadline for turn-in...and is done under the supervision of the Secretary of State.

They have until next Thursday and they simply have to get the required number of signatures in on time for the process to continue further. There are over 750K registered voters in Oklahoma and Tulsa counties alone and it edges close to a million if you count the other counties in those metro areas. If the majority of their effort is in those two areas it's not that big of a stretch.

The petition process also allows for protests to be filed. I wonder if OK2A or the ORA filed one?
ORA probably signed the damned petition!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, like it or not. FWIW, I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I don't think they'll get the number needed. I don't think so strongly enough to wager on it, but...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ORA probably signed the damned petition!

Yep, they lobbied against it the first time around. Then remained neutral on the issue on the final vote after the major backlash they suffered.
They are nothing but a shambles at the moment with internal issues I can’t discuss trying to rebuild. We have a couple of board members in our gun club.
OK2A is currently the go-to organization in Ok that is lobbying for our rights the way they should be......constitutionally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom