1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

OKC, you gotta be proud of this one...

Discussion in 'Law & Order' started by Glocker, Aug 12, 2019.

1. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Dear god man.......we are in 99.9% agreement on this subject I promise you. Why do you make it so hard?

Throwing a red flag here ......bwahahahahahahahaha

2. PJM

PJM Marksman

Glad to hear that.

3. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The problem is that it will be the opinion of the "medical professional", and I don't trust that.
    This will discourage people with guns from going to counseling for even unrelated issues. Having marital problems? Marriage counselor (who is anti gun maybe?) decides it would be best to not have guns in the house.

dennishoddy and RETOKSQUID like this.
  4. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The opinion of the "medical professional" expressed at a hearing.

5. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    But it will still be an opinion. He can say what his opinion is under oath, and who can say he/she is wrong?
    The gun owner will need to pay his own medical professional to testify to counter the first.

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. PantyRaid

PantyRaid Marksman

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. Debate is the road to losing.

Attached Files:

AKguy1985, dennishoddy and blake711 like this.
  7. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That’s a huge issue for me as well. These “medical professionals” were trained in liberal colleges by liberal professors and may not value the 2A while actually opposing it.
    I went to a marriage counselor once in my past life before a divorce. When the ex wife and I walked out of the first session, we both felt like we had just been accused of child abuse because we required our kids to do their homework before TV and maintain good grades or be grounded from after school activities.
    The divorce happened anyway but that foul taste for “medical professionals” counselors has left a foul taste in my mind to this day.

8. PJM

PJM Marksman

I was a nurse for 25 + years, trust me doctors and psychiatrists, psychologists, AND medical Social workers, along with State social workers lie just as much as the rest of us. And who pray tell would contest shrinks and doctors lies, since 90% of what they say 80% of us can't even understand because of the medical and psychological terminology. Example Apap 325 tab II po Q 6^: Translation Tylenol 325 milligrams two tablets every 6 hours.

chuter likes this.
  9. Faultline

Faultline Marksman

Rating
    100%
    As someone who dated a psychologist and had 3 years worth of acquaintance with that circle of people, I would not with any level of confidence want their opinion to be considered in a court case determining my 2A rights. I won't broad brush any demographic but in my personal experience with the circle of "mental health professionals" I was acquainted with, they were very much anti gun and solidly leftist.
    I won't say that they don't do good work, just that they were so passionate about their misguided ideology that when it comes to the gun subject, I have ZERO confidence they could be unbiased.

blake711, Poke78 and chuter like this.
  10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I agree... there're a TON of medical professionals that would jump at the chance to ban all guns. In a second.

Glocktogo, Faultline and chuter like this.