Oklahoma grocery stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have been doing a little more traveling than usual. The last couple months I've been in Texas and really liked the HEB grocery store. Then was in Little Rock and the Krogers are outstanding. Then a couple weeks ago I was in Florida and went to a couple of Publix which are pretty nice!

The closest thing here to any of those is Crest and it pales in comparison. Oh well at least we got a Walmart on every corner. :nono2:

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also am Amazed by the grocery chains further north and south. All have much higher quality goods. Especially produce and seafoods. But i do live in an area where fish sticks is considered getting wild on seafood!!

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rrally miss Central Market!!! Whole Foods isn't Central Market but it will do.

HEB in Houston had the best fruit and veggies....Hmmmm, Central Market is their upscale version.

Trader Joes is coming.

OP, yes OKIE grocery stores suck but there are a few going up that are pretty quality. Anyone been to Roots? It's a little grocery store downtown by Deep Duece...off of 6th I believe.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think part of the problem that prevents us from quality grocery stores like HEB in Texas relates to our liquor laws. The better margin for grocery stores in other states is made to some extent by selling hard liquor and wine at the grocery store. Oklahoma needs to revise our ridiculous liquor laws.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss almost all of my fave grocery stores in northern CA, especially since I cant get a bottle of wine or liquor at the grocery store here while shopping, but we are lucky that Broken Arrow is attracting lots of new stuff lately. We just got a Sprouts in. Reasors is ok, better than Walmart anyways. Having shopped regularly at Trader Joes and Costco in CA, like InNOut, I get the excitement if youre not used to them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom