Oklahoma grocery stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only found 2 grocery stores I like. Crest and Firelake. Crest for the choice and Firelake for the meat.

Walmart has a great return policy on their meat and beer.

Just wanna mention that Country Boy market is a local place, they do a real service for my community, so I usually spend my money there.

Can anyone shop at Firelake, or is it just for tribal members?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone been to Roots? It's a little grocery store downtown by Deep Duece...off of 6th I believe.
If that's the one I think it is, it was called Native Roots Market when it was in Norman. They hitched up their skirts and ran away to OKC when Sprouts announced that they were coming to Norman.

FWIW, when my brother lived in Denton, I visited the Kroger several times. I'd rate it a solid Meh. All I know about HEB is that my aunt went to school with the founder (or maybe the founder's son).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cut throat business. 2-3% profit. Don't know why anyone would start a new one.

Sent from a South American command center

I'm pretty sure I'm quoting a post you made in the past that said the best place to people watch is Whole Foods or Sprouts in the high end sections of town.

All the trophy wives in their yoga pants coming and going are worth the visit. :D

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone shop at Firelake, or is it just for tribal members?
If it's only open to tribal members, they're wasting a hell of a lot of money--about half the junk mail that I send to the circular file is Firelake grocery fliers. It seems like I get them at least twice a week.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reason's in Tulsa, for the most part. It's good enough, though it can be pricey on the boxed good and I've had some questionable meat there a few times (pork every time, actually, which I returned). The meat counter stuff like stuffed chicken breasts and sausage is pretty solid. The mostly they win out for convenience as they're everywhere in South Tulsa.

Sprouts if I can make it. Good prices on sales on fish and chicken. I stock the freezer then. Good prices on produce. Robbery prices on any boxed and dry good unless you hit up the bulk bins; seriously try pricing peanut butter and jelly there :) . It's a bit out of the way for me now though and time is more a premium with the kids.

I try to avoid Wal Mart and Target for groceries these days. Not out of principle against big businesses, but more because I feel indecent subjecting myself to their stores, terrible lines, and general indignity by they way they "process" their customers rather than serve or help them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom